Weird Situation, Advice appreciated.

sweetpeaxo

Reaction score
My best friend and I used to be really close. We hung out maybe once or twice and week and we were always in contact with each other. I got married back in June and she was in my wedding. Everything was great up until then, but once the wedding was in the past she would barely ever talk to me. She found out she was pregnant a week after my wedding day. I was so excited for her and I made sure she knew that. Since then she's had multiple Dr's appointments, she never tells me about them. She never calls or texts me anymore. Never hangs out with me anymore. Nothing at all. I feel like she thinks she is better than me now because she is pregnant and I'm not. It really hurts me and it pretty much came out of nowhere! She now hangs out with another friend, one whom I am not close to or even get along with whatsoever. I've had a lot of issues with this other friend so we don't really speak to each other unless we are forced to be around each other. Anyways, I saw my friend today and she said maybe 5 words to me. I'm also throwing a birthday party for my husband next week and I asked if she would be coming, she said oh I don't know, I'll try. What do you think is up? I've been down about everything for weeks, I don't know how I should deal with this situation? Or should I just forget about her and stick with my reliable friends?

Hm..20 views and 0 responses. People on this board are definitely supportive.

Hey does she know ur TTC? Maybe she's backed off coz she doesn't want to make u feel bad?

I know what I'd do from my experience wud be to leave her to it. If she sees ur worth she will want to be ur friend, if she doesn't see what ur worth then u wudnt want her anyway! U know some people will be in out life forever or most of it but the majority of ppl won't. We all come into each other lives at different times and serve a purpose then it's natural to move on, maybe cause we need different things from different ppl or other ppl need us. Learning to relax and believe that it's ok to let things go can make lifes changes easier. Don't worry I know it's easier said than done but I'm trying to take my own advice!

Also another solution would just be to speak to her and get to the bottom of it? Maybe she is scared to speak to u.

It's upto u what approach u want to take.

Have I helped at all? :S x

I tend to agree with Iwant2beamum. Maybe she has backed off because she is afraid her pregnancy joy will make you sad. I have a good friend who recently got pregnant and she confessed that she has a hard time being around me because she doesnt want me to be saddened by her news.
I hope this helps, I am sorry you are feeling badly.
PS your pup is adorable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"