Weird...

caskajea

Reaction score
So, I haven't really posted much here before. We are TTC, but not trying really hard, more of whatever happens, happens.

Well, here's the thing...

I had taken penicillin for an infection I forgot when, but it was at the end of December, and I got a yeast infection from it. I believe i was done taking the pills before the 22nd of Dec. I started my period on the 23rd of Dec, it lasted for 5 days. Then 4 days later on Dec 31st I started spotting again, my notes say "Doesn't feel like a period, it's just there". There was no flow, just this dark brown with hints of red. This lasted for 5 days. I only used one pad the whole time. It never flowed like a period, not like you would expect and sorta 'feel'. A little bit of cramping, but more like, 'i gotta poo' cramp. I was getting worried about it, then it stopped.

Well, I was suppose to start my period The 20th of January. It's pretty much always on time. But this time, I had no pre-menstrual cramping that occurs roughly 5 days before my period, and now I am 4 days late.

No I have not taken an HPT. I am concerned that I may have fibroids, cysts, or cancer.

Is it more likely a miscarriage? Or could I be pregnant? (Sounds so cliche, lol.)

I am not on the Pill, nor have I had hormone pills, or anything regarding my menstruation.

Should I be worried? I don't have money at the moment, so an HPT today would be a no... But I guess I have just answered my own question. "Take a pregnancy test, then worry." Right?

lol. I guess where I'm trying to get at is, has anyone else had this happen to them and how did it turn out? Because I have tried googling it for days, with people having the same problem, but never stating what actually happened to them; were they pregnant? Was it nothing? Irregular period? Fibroids? Cancer? miscarriage? So many things.... I dunno.. I just want to be prepared for tuesday if the HPT comes back negative, what I should do.

If it comes back negative and you are concerned about it, I would go see a doctor just in case.... I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help.

There are some womens clinics that do free pregnancy testing also...

It could have been that you ovulated early. Some women have cramps and the surge in hormones can make them spot.

I think you just answered your own question though... wait then test.

Good luck :thumbup:

Thank you ladies :)
I'd get nervous going to a place like that, I don't know why lol.

Lol caska I probably would to! But they really can't mess up a preggo test ;)

Well, I took a HPT and it came back negative, and still no period. :(
Well, I'll wait another week, then take another one, and if no period by then, I'll make an appointment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->