Welcome little Emily May Cooper - 1.5.09 - photo added!

spoo

Mum to Harry and Emily
Reaction score
So....my due date came and went on 23rd April - a week later still no sign so I was booked into have my sweep on the 30th.

Either the sweep was ultra-successful or nature took its course, because by 4am the next morning my contractions were anything between 15 minutes and 45 minutes apart. A lovely warm soak increased the frequency of them and by 8.30am they were coming every 5 minutes!

At 9.30am we were admitted into the hospital, contractions were back to back and I was 5cm dilated! That was fantastic news to us as knew it wouldn't be too long a wait! I made it to just gone 2pm on gas and air and was looking forward to m next examination to find out how far gone I was, only to feel the BIGGEST urge to push! I never felt it when in labour with #1 and had no idea how it felt so it came as a shock to us all. I yelled to the midwife that I had to push this baby out NOW and she had to scamper about getting all the things ready for the birth. I don't think any of us realised just how quickly it would happen!

Four strong contractions later and Emily May was born at 14.27 on Friday 1st May. She cried straight away so we knew she was okay. She weighed in at a healthy 8lbs 1oz and measured 53cm. I needed 6 stitches and lost quite a bit of blood so was kept in overnight, but felt well enough to discharge myself the following afternoon.

Photos to follow shortly :baby:

Photo now added - Emily & big brother Harry

Attachments

• DSCF0359.JPG
    DSCF0359.JPG
    30.9 KB · Views: 116
oh wow! what a wonderfully short birth experience! well done you :D looking forward to pictures :D huge congratulations x

congratulations! Looking forward to the pics xx

Congrats again! I'l be sure to check back in to see piccys of your little girl :cloud9: xxx

congratulations!! she's beautiful!! :hug:

Thanks everyone, can't believe she'll be a week old tomorrow! She sleeps pretty much all day and night long, only waking for feeding and nappy changes :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->