Welcome to Shmoo's daughter Kimberly!!!!!

shmoo75

Proud Mum of 2 Girls!!
Reaction score
This is the first chance I have had to come on here and record my birth story since, I gave birth to my daughter on Mon 09/08/2010!! Daddy has taken her for a walk round to his parents and, the reason I didn't feel up to going will be explained below!:

On Sunday 08/08/2010 my OH had spent all day helping our neighbour take down the massive tree in his back garden. All the decorating had finally been finished on Thurs 05/08 so, OH agreed to help the neighbour who, we get on really well with. I had been having BH's on and off since Fri 06/08. I had taken to writing down at what times I had them just incase they suddenly became regular as, there really was no pattern to them at all!! We went to bed Sun evening having planned what we were going to be doing on Mon which was, go and pay the rest of the pram off, get some nursing bra's and do a huge big food shop but, as it turned out our little girl had other ideas!!! My OH was rubbing my lower back at 12:15am as, it was killing me. It went off and I managed to go to sleep. I got up at just before 1am to go to the toilet and, as I was getting my pillow ready to put between my legs and under my bump I felt a trickle and thought at first I had wet myself but, when I couldn't stop it from trickling I knew it was my waters that had broken @01:04am!!!! I went downstairs, sorted a new pad out and phoned the hospital telling them that it was just my waters as, I wasn't having contractions at that point. They told me to come in and be monitored for an hr or so and, then I would probably be sent back home. I went upstairs and woke my OH up and told him he had to take me to the hospital as, my waters had broken. (I later found out he had only had about a half hours sleep!!) I started to get contractions just before we left to go to the hospital which was 01:42am, my next contraction was at 01:55am and my 3rd was at 02:10am. Upon arrival at hospital my pads were checked and, that was when I found out that my baby had done a poo inside me(I was 8 days overdue by this point)so, I knew I wasn't going to sent home and we have our baby that day!!! My OH went abit white when I told him:haha: I was examined and was told I was 2cm dilated and I was monitored. They had to put a canula in me and take blood. This was easier said then done!!! They managed to take blood but, the canula was proving alot more difficult. At one point they thought they had to call an antheatist in to put one in!!! They firts of all tried in the back of my right hand but, the vein blew and I had a nasty bump and, a bruise that has only just gone!!! In the end a Sister from A&E managed to do it. Even though I was having regular contractions they decided to speed my labour up by, putting me on a drip. I can safely say I have never experianced pain like it! i tried gas and air but, it made me sick. So I had pethadine at 05:05am and at sometime I was told I was 4cms at 10:10am I had my 2nd pethadine injection and managed to fall asleep for about 20mins. I have no idea what time I was told I was 9cms but, I started pushing when I felt the urge to push. I had to have a vontuse delivery so I was cut and my daughter Kimberly was born at 13:04 weighing 7lb15.5oz As soon as my daughter was born the pain stopped instantly and I felt a tidal wave of love for my little girl and, when I heard her cry for the first time I had never heard a sweeter sound in my life! I decided to breast feed after I had been stitched and, Kimberly latched on straight away and feed for 5-10mins. We were discharged home on Tuesday 10/08 and, I got home at 18:10pm. I am still abit sore and tender awaiting a visit from the MW tomorrow and she will tell me that the stitches have disolved and, I will be able to take my little girl for a walk in her pram. I am also happy to report that I am still breast feeding and, so far I haven't experianced any problems. I know I am one lucky girl.

Hey Mrs :wave: :flower:

Massive congrats to you both so so so pleased.

she was a long time coming but shes here shes safe and i bet my ass shes bloody gorgeous =0)

cant wait to see you all.

you must be on :cloud9:

hope your healing well

much loves

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

congrats on little Kimberly. Glad to hear you are all settling in at home.

Fantastic news Hun, very well done. Third time lucky it was! :yipee:

Belated Congratulations hunni!

Sounds like an ouchee delivery, but so proud of you! Glad to hear all went well and your beautiful daughter is doing so well!

Welcome to the world Kimberley!

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back