Welcome to the world Isabelle Faith, born 29/08/10.

opticalillus5

Mummy to two princesses.
Reaction score
Well, I didn't think I'd be writing this so soon!

Half asleep at 6.50am on Sunday 29th August, I stirred as OH got up to go to work. I felt a little trickle down below, but put it down to discharge and tried to go back to sleep. But then, I felt another.. and another, and realised that my waters had broken! I popped on a pad and went to the maternity ward who confirmed it - I was 38 weeks to the day so was allowed to go home and see if labour started naturally. If not, I was booked in to be induced the following morning at 8am.

Desperate not to be induced, I went home and started bouncing on my space hopper to try and get things started. At around 10am, I felt what I can only describe as pressure rather than pain, which began to come at regular intervals. They gradually got more painful, and I began to time them at 11.30. I lost my plug as I ran the bath at around 12, with contractions coming around every 10-15 mins. I was still coping pretty well though, so didn't call the hospital until 3pm, when I was 7-ish mins apart. The labour ward advised me to stay at home until I needed pain relief, or until I was a little closer together. I said I was fine, but as soon as I got off the phone, I had a HUGE contraction which really hurt, so called them back. Again, they told me to wait at home. I had another contraction on the toilet (3 mins later) and some blood in the bottom of the water.. again I called and again I was told to wait a little longer. 4 mins later, another pretty bad contraction led my OH to call the ward and just inform them that we were on our way.. I couldn't cope much longer.

We arrived at the hospital at 4pm, with my contractions now every 4 minutes-ish. I was a little worried that I hadn't felt bub move, so I was monitored and scanned to make sure everything was ok. After that, an internal showed that I was already 6cms dilated, and baby's head was REALLY low down. She was still a little bit back-to-back, but I didn't want pethidine as it hadn't agreed with me when I had my DD. I positioned myself on my side on the bed, and used the gas and air mouthpiece to bite on with each contraction. I then felt the urge to push, and the midwife ran off for a delivery kit! Only an hour after arriving at the hospital, Isabelle was born. I didn't need stitches (a worry of mine as i'd torn with my DD), and little Izzy was placed straight to my chest for a feed. OH cut the cord, and told me that we had a little girl.. he'd watched her being born as I had been pushing. She didn't break off from feeding for AGES, so the first texts we sent out didn't have her weight on - they couldn't weigh her as she was suckling too much! Eventually, they told us she weighed 6lb 10oz, and I left her for cuddles with Daddy whilst I got in the shower.

Although my delivery was straightforward, my blood pressure was a little high (apparently because of the injection for the placenta) so we stayed in overnight. The day after, we had to wait for Izzy to pass her meconium, (which she didn't so till she was 25 hours old) but then we were home!

It was a completely amazing experience, and was perfect in every way. With my DD I was induced, had a long, painful labour and was really ill through exhaustion and the combination of drugs I had taken. This time, it was completely different, and exactly what I had dreamed of. My little girl is completely amazing, and i'm completely smitten :cloud9:

Here are a few pics of my little princess (albeit lacking the pink clothes as she was a yellow bump!).

Attachments

• IMG00360-20100901-1718.jpg
    IMG00360-20100901-1718.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG00342-20100830-1858.jpg
    IMG00342-20100830-1858.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG00359-20100901-1718.jpg
    IMG00359-20100901-1718.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 50
Awww bless hun she is gorgeous!! hehe those mitts look massive but i bet they r tiny!!! xx

Brought me to tears!! I am so happy for you! Congratulations on such a blessing!

Optical - Izzy is adorable. Love her hair. What a lovely story, highlights that you need to be firm with the hospital if you want to go in. Glad you are both doing well xxx

Aww hun what a lovely story, brought tears to my eyes! I'm so happy that it went so well for you. She is absolutely gorgeous- congratulations!

xx

Isabelle is gorgeous - I'm so pleased you had such a great birth experience
xxx

Isabelle is beautiful, well done you! And woo hoo for a quick delivery!! Congratulations! xxx

Congrats! She is gorgeous! Look at all that hair! Beautiful!

aww congratulations,how wonderful, she is stunning and has lots of hair xx

Congratulations hunny & thanks for posting your story - it's an insiration to myself & i'm sure the rest of us who are eagerly awaiting our little bubbas :hugs:
She is beautiful - i love how baggy her little clothes are heehee!

Congratulations Optical, she is lovely, and so much hair!
So glad your birth was all you wanted, sounded textbook perfect!
Well done hunny xxxxx:hugs:

What a wonderful birth story. Congrats on the birth of Isabelle, she is just beautiful! x

Awwh congrats :)

How weird is it, our daughters have the same name, but your Izzy was born on my Izzy's due date!! haha :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->