Welcoming Emma Grey Lora!

DJMooMoo79

Reaction score
https://i1377.photobucket.com/albums/ah42/Dharris0885/imagejpg1_zps72ddc542.jpg

Boy has this been a frustrating pregnancy! The real challenge just waiting on this little one!

Originally due November 25th, Emma was born at 41.1 weeks December 3rd at 4:24pm; weighing 7lbs and 1oz and stretching at 20.5 inches.

My labor story:
This is my first pregnancy, and days before hand I was having contractions that would suddenly disapear, making everything so much more difficult! My midwife had warned me that I would know the difference between contractions and braxton hicks, and at the time, I was certain I knew.
Well Dec 2nd I woke up pretty angry at the world and cranky for yet again going another day without active labor. Hubby could tell and was trying to get me out of bed by being all sweet. Well our dog Sally got excited and wanted to join in and without hesitation jumped right on top of my belly.
Tried not to look into it too much, I mean you hear about accidents all the time and baby is just fine. Well my belly went really hard like a braxton hicks usually makes it, but instead of it easing up in 30 seconds, it stayed that way. I noticed some fluid that after a few hours started to turn red and began once again getting those pesky contractions I had been experiencing days before.
Called midwives just to b safe and they wanted to me to come in to make sure it wasn't my water.

I get there, I'm only 2 cm dialated. They check the fluid, it's negative for being amniotic, everything looks great! Midwife then asks if I wanted to go ahead and do a sweep. Sure! Why not! She warned me it could take days or may not even work at all. Hey I was going to give in a shot.

Oh my goodness, worst pain ever. Right after, and I mean right after, I understood the true meaning of contractions. Coming 3 minutes apart the moment she touched my cervix. Told me it was probably going to go away and to go ahead and head home. Car ride was terrible. By the time we made it home, they made it to 2 min apart and I told hubby it was time to turn back around. Thank god I didn't wait any longer either, by the time we got back to the hospital, I was a wreck. Dialated to 4 cm, vocal, throwing up. I can't believei thought those silly things were contractions days before....

Well I had originally wanted to go completely pain free, and i happy to say I was able to fend off the epidural! However, I was screaming for something, anything to take the edge off. I don't remember the drug but the lady warned me it was probably not going to do anything and that it would ware off in an hour at most. Shoot, it did plenty for me, taking off just an edge so I could sleep between contractions and it lasted a good 3 hours on my sensitive body.

When pushing time came, I just knew. Called my midwife, she checked me at 9 cm and told me I was ready to go.

Pushed for what seemed like forever. And yes, everyone is right when they say it feels like a bowel movement, the worst of my life.

But go through it with my great support system! Light tearing but didn't even reach a 1, no hemorroids either say yay! And now I have this beautiful little girl :cloud9:

Its cool to hear a ftm birth story. Those silly things we think are contractions...lol soooo true! Im happy that your experience went so smoothly! Baby is beautiful! Congrats mama!

Congratulations!!!! She is gorgeous! Well done, I am glad your DH listened to you, and turned the car around in a hurry! :)

Congratulations! What a little beauty she is :)

Aww!! Yay!! So happy she is finally here!! Congratulations!!

Glad she finally arrived! And you got your perfect birth! Looove her name, too. Hope you're feeling well!!

Xoxo

Worth the wait! Great birth story, good that you listened to your body and turned back!!!!!!! Thank you for sharing, sounds like you should be very proud of yourself. She's gorgeous X

Congratulations! What a beautiful name!

Lovely news! Congratulations hun! I'm hoping my lo will get a move on soon!
Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->