Went for a sweep today but midwife couldn't do it :-(

Solitaire

Reaction score
Went for my first sweep today but the midwife couldn't do it because my cervix is still closed.
She said its soft but closed.

I'm gotta go again on Monday for another try.

I know how you feel. I couldn't have one because my baby isn't engaged. It's so frustrating lol

It sure is frustrating!
We look forward to a set day and then the cheeky monkeys decide to keep us waiting!

I went for another today and she said my cervix is too closed lol! At least baby is engaged now though!

Midwife told me it would be at least another week for me :( Got induction date of the 22nd.

Mines on 23rd, really don't wanna be induced tho.
I've read online that things can happen overnight with the cervix because its now been messed with.

I'm trying not to google lol. She only managed to just about get a finger in and said it was in the right place and was soft but not dilated enough to get a sweep done.

It hurt like hell!!!

I get my sweep on Tuesday when ill be 41 weeks - mw said this was the earliest she could do it as it would bloody hurt if it was too soon (her words not mine!) x

Yeah...she's right. My MW told me if my cervix was ready it wouldn't have hurt that much. I'm sure they heard me screaming in the waiting room. It was one wee finger aswell! I have given birth to a 9lb 11oz baby without all that fuss lol.

Yeh mine hurt too, it was awful :-(
Had abit of spotting since too

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"