went to hospital

clairebear

Mummy to 2 handsome boys.
Reaction score
we had to take Jack to the hospital last night as he was very hot and had been crying constantly for 5 hours. the only way he would stop was if i was constantly feeding. so we took him to a and e and they checked him over. all his obs were good and the paediatician put it down to him going through a growth spurt. last night he slept for 5 hours and i had to wake him for a feed and he has been a good boy today so hopefully all is well. but i aslo found out i tested positive for group b strep whilst i was in and neither of us got antibiotics for it so we are a little worried xxx

aww sorry to hear you both had such a rough night :( hope he continues to have a better day :hug:

Oh how scary!! I am glad that he is ok now!!! :hugs:

if he is going thru a growth spurt he will want on the breast a LOT, this will ramp up your production to keep up with his need. Trust me I have days when Bren is on for hours!

good to hear he's a bit happier today x

:hug: ive had a bad day with charlie today and he wouldnt stop screaming i keep feeding him all the time but he just wants to cry but hes just gone off to sleep now i keep thinking is it a growth spurt but ive been thinking that every day for the last 2 weeks :rofl: xxx

Glad he is better, however I would go and see your GP about the strep B thing as babies who have just been born that have tested + for it usually need antibiotics for this infection as it CAN be quite dangerous. (altho as he is 1 week old circumstances might change and risk might reduce)

But to be on the safe side c ur family gp, put your mind at rest.

Keep us posted xxx

im gonna speak tomw when she comes out tomorrow alothough i have read the risk is reduced with a c section

Glad hes ok now, but those growth spurt days can be rough! I hope everything is ok with the group B strep! I would imagine the risk is lower with a c-section.

Pleased everything is ok hun! It's scary though isn't it. Seth had a bit of a temprature last week and I was scared stiff :(

xxx

hope everything turns out alright!

there will be a few growth spurts coming up in near future, so if feeding him constantly calms him down, just feed him :hi:

I think you're ok because you had the c-section.

:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"