We're moving back to London, I'm coming home!!!

retromum1

Reaction score
Completely unrelated but I AM SO EXCITED :happydance::happydance:, I didn't want to say anything in case it didn't come off but in the last 10 days hubby has got a new job and we have found a new home back in London and we move next Wednesday!!!

I cannot wait, I have missed it soooo much. We moved to the country a year ago for schools, work etc but I have missed the bustling city life so much. Everybody in London seems to think leaving for the country id the dream but it certainly wasn't for us. Apart from giving birht to my beautiful baby boy Jasper I have had the most miserable year of my life out in the sticks. We have decided that the area we lived in, in London had fantastic schools and we can bring our children up very well back there. Contrary to what country folk believe!!.

I simply cannot wait to start being able to do sling meets again and natural parenting groups and jump on a tube to the baby show. I love London and I loved my life in London and I cannot wait to get back there and be me again :hugs:

Sorry for the completely unrelated post but I am so excited I could burst and I wanted to let everyone know.

Really pleased for you hun, you can tell by reading your post just how happy you are with it!

I'd give anything to go back to where I originally lived, I know what you mean about being miserable LOL, sadly for me, its not going to happen :nope:

Well Done you :thumbup:

Really pleased for you! I hope the move goes really really smoothly :hugs:

Who gives a toss whether people think you're nuts for wanting to live in the city anyway? I don't think you're nuts :rofl: If we all liked the same thing, then life would be boring ;)

I have to admit that London terrifies me still, but I do stupid things like visit in the middle of the school holidays, when it's busy as can be :rofl:

Yay another Bnb mummy in london ,
what part of town u gonna be in ( you dont have to be specific hun )

Yay!! congrats :)
Hope your move goes smoothly, i love the city life too much too... or at least being close enough to the city to join in!!

X

yay we can meet up. I am near orpington :happydance::happydance:

Brilliant can't wait, it's like this great weight has been lifted x

Everybody in London seems to think leaving for the country id the dream but it certainly wasn't for us. Apart from giving birht to my beautiful baby boy Jasper I have had the most miserable year of my life out in the sticks.

I missed this post- and just wanted to say YAY FOR YOU!! :happydance: And yay for me cos that's another local friend I will have :rofl:

As for the above... you can only try- you did it, it hasn't worked out, and now you're trying something else. The city has SO many benefits. I personally can't wait to leave BUT I also understand people who are city lovers. Yay for you, and I hope the next year will be the best ever xxxx

Lynnikins i'm in Tooting :D hello neighbour *waves*

lol so if i buy or sell nappies to u we dont have to post lol we can just go 4 coffee

Everybody in London seems to think leaving for the country id the dream but it certainly wasn't for us. Apart from giving birht to my beautiful baby boy Jasper I have had the most miserable year of my life out in the sticks.

I missed this post- and just wanted to say YAY FOR YOU!! :happydance: And yay for me cos that's another local friend I will have :rofl:

As for the above... you can only try- you did it, it hasn't worked out, and now you're trying something else. The city has SO many benefits. I personally can't wait to leave BUT I also understand people who are city lovers. Yay for you, and I hope the next year will be the best ever xxxx
lol i would be dying to leave too if i lived in tooting

:rofl:

I live in between Tooting and Earlsfield... turn left and urghkillselfimmediatlely, turn right and ooohmustgetrichtolivehere!!!

:rofl:

lol im earlsfeild side of wimbledon really we should do lunch or coffee sometime

Congrats! I can so relate to this.

Spent the first year of my daughter's life in a city oop north and I was so happy to move back to London. My heart sang. Even though I've been back a couple of months now, I'm still moving around the city all happy like. Even the tube strike didn't annoy me too much today. Only downside is that I didn't get the chance to make any London based Mummy friends through attending local baby groups.

lol london mums ive found can be very busy mums lol out in the berbs then there are a few more knocking around than more centrally as the closer in you are the more likely your working and got your tot in childcare than being a SAHM.

if id completed my driving instructors qualification id be a working mummy and probably wouldnt have EJ and definatly wouldnt be using cloth lol

Thanks everyone we move TOMORROW!!! I can't wait, sorry Lynnikins I missed your post were moving to Beckenham so yes very leafy still and lovely parks, restaurants, coffee shops and yummy mummy baby groups!!! I cannot wait and I would LOVE to meet and do a coffee and cloth morning? Let me know when your all free and where's good for everyone xxx

Ohhh yay!!!!!! Lots of us are south I think. :D

oo0o a cloth meet that would be fabby lol esp as some of my lovely march mummy friends are using cloth too and in london

I'm a March mummy too! Yay I knew we had to move back to London!

yeah i knew i knew your name and pic from somewhere lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->