Were you so will you...

I came across this article today about the difference between pushing and challenging.

I came across this article today about the difference between pushing and challenging.

Fab article, thanks for sharing!

I think my parents got the balance pretty much spot on with me in regards to pushing or challenging. They would sometimes nag if it was coursework that needed finishing, but any hobbies or skills I was tryin out, they would allow me to do what I wanted, but they would remind me why I'd started in the first place, which often prompted me to continue.

It's a balance I hope to strike with my LO too. I hope we're doing ok so far - he is allowed to walk for as long as he wants, we try not to carry him unless he's tired and asking to be lifted, we try and let him figure things out (we just gave him cutlery one day and let him go from there, and now he uses a spoon and fork quite happily). We give him crayons and sit with him, and let him figure out how to use it. I hope these are habits we can continue into older childhood and beyond.

My dad said you don't want to go to school fine, get a full time job or get out :haha::haha: I finished high school and had NO interest in college and I got a full time job and got married at 19. I encourage all my 3 boys to go to college, my oldest 20 didn't want to, he has a full time job and makes about 50 thousand a year, which isn't bad for his age. My middle son is graduating in June but going right into college for sports therapy and my youngest is only 12. I want all my boys to go to college, but if they choose not to then they work and pay their own way. :flower: I also know a lot of people who have their masters and can't even get a job, it is really bad right now, they have student loans up the wazoo too :nope:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->