Wet tap epidural and spinal headaches

Stellae

Reaction score
Did anyone else have this happen to them? I have the wet tap and got the spinal headache the next day, then needed to have the blood patch done. It worked for about 36 hours, and then in the middle of the night last night it came right back with a vengeance. I had to go back to triage today and have another one done.

I'm absolutely terrified the headache is going to come back. My daughter is nursing so well right now, and in the past I've had trouble breastfeeding. I really don't want it to be trainwrecked by an incapacitating headache.

Yes, I had this during labour with my first. I had an epidural, which went wrong and the anesthetist told me he had caused a Dural tap. The headaches started within an hour, and I couldn't cope with them as well as the contractions! I ended up with a c section due to lack of progression, being in labour for 36 hours and only got to 7cm. The headaches lasted around 10 days and really spoilt my first couple of weeks with her. I never had the blood patch, they told me it could work or just make things worse so I chose to wait it out.

I hope it doesn't come back for you. It was the worst pain I have ever had. No one understands until they have had it themselves. :hugs: xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->