wetting himself at school

amore

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

DS1 has been potty trained for over 2 years now, but since starting school he has started wetting himself about two times a day. I spoke to him and it and it seems it is because he is having so much fun he forgets to go (its good he is enjoying himself).

I am just worried that if it carries on other children may be mean, he is getting quite a bad rash from the wet pants rubbing him, and selfishly, I also don't want to keep washing uniforms every day lol.

Apart from telling him each morning to remember to go to the toilet at school I don't know how to help him :shrug: Any advice please?

I was teaching before lo. Why not speak to teacher and then they could ask every so often if he needs the toilet by taking him tp one side. I taught reception and year one and did this alot at start of year with a few children (they can worry about asking or forget) im sure teacher wouldent mind. In my class we would check at breaktimes, lunch and snack times with all the children, they all got asked if needed toilet and wash hands. Maybe just ask teacher to make sure he goes

This happened when my boy started a few weeks ago, alls I can say is that it stopped within a week and a few days of starting. His teacher says its very common with little boys as they get so into their 'play' that the keep holding till its too late. I must say though that my boy started wetting the bed the same time too and it hasn't stopped yet. Most nights hes dry, but the odd night he can go twice through the night. :dohh:

Its normal...when my kids were in kindergarten...all children had to have extra clothing. They grow out of it. x

As others said its normal so dont worry. We all used to keep spare clothes in all the classrooms due to common occerance

I think I was just suprised as he has been in nursery for 2 years and not had any accidents - school must just be too much fun lol.

Thank you for all the advice. I spoke to his teacher and she told me he was not the only one having accidents and not to worry. I also decided to use the same tactic I used when potty training (stickers) and he has not wet himself since Monday, so fingers crossed :)

This happened when my boy started a few weeks ago, alls I can say is that it stopped within a week and a few days of starting. His teacher says its very common with little boys as they get so into their 'play' that the keep holding till its too late. I must say though that my boy started wetting the bed the same time too and it hasn't stopped yet. Most nights hes dry, but the odd night he can go twice through the night. :dohh:

I hope the night times have got better arlene - its a killer getting up throughout the night to change the bed sheets x

My little girl has been the same! She's been really bad with number 2's lately too! She's been at school 2 weeks now and its stopped so fingers crossed that's it.

I spoke to the teachers and took a change of clothes. I also kept reminding Lily that she needs to go to the toilet as soon as she feels it coming.

She's been using the toilet for 2.5 years with no problems so it was a bit of regression and I wasn't expecting it, I must admit I did use slight bribery in the form of if she didn't have any toilet accidents we could go to the park after school :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->