We've finally got a name!

victoria1987

Reaction score
After a lot of difficulty between my husband and I we have finally chosen a name for our little guy that we both like! Emerson

Because he is a first born son and my DH has very strong feelings on naming traditions, he must have family first and middle name(s). The compromise on this is that we chose a unique middle name that we are going to call him by day-to-day. His official name will be:

Gerald David Emerson, but will be known as "Emerson"

Gerald is my husband (and FIL and Grand FIL's) first name, so he will be the 4th
David is my fathers first name
Emerson is our chosen unique name.

I am SO happy with this as I thought for sure I was going to have to call him something I hated to keep with my husband's tradition and I really didn't want to take that away from him.

Any thoughts on the name?

I love it. I had considered it for a girl's name as I think it's very gender neutral and it's similar to my maiden name.

I think I remember you posting before about the family naming tradition dilemma. So glad you're both happy with the name, and I LOVE it! Good call :)

That's great that you've come up with a compromise which works for all of you, and Emerson is a very nice name :)

I like that idea but I'd just be concerned how difficult it's going to be for his paperwork, etc if he is known as his 2nd middle name? I'm not sure on legalities but I thought 2nd middle names only go on if there's room on forms?

Anyways I love the name Emerson! I want it for a girl but it clashes with the surname :(

I like it! I debated between Emerson or Eddison when I first started looking at names.

That's great! Congrats! I remember your post about coming to terms with a name you did not like (Gerald David). I am so glad your husband has agreed to let the baby be called Emerson! You both deserve to have equal influence on the baby's name and both be happy with what you call him!

I think this is the perfect compromise! Plus I love the name Emerson. I have it on my (long) baby name list for girls (Emersyn). But ppl keep telling me it's a boy's name, lol.

:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->