We've lost one of our boys

HCB

Reaction score
A month ago I gave birth to our identical twin boys at 27+4 weeks and they were both doing incredibly well. Unfortunately, we lost the smaller one two weeks ago. He got NEC, which was very aggressive and it was just too much for him. One too many fights. Although he was doing well with regards to his breathing and coming off cpap his insides were still very immature and obviously couldn't cope.

Our other son is still in NICU and progressing well. He is our focus now and is the only reason why I get up each day. Even that is hard to do sometimes though. If it wasn't for him we would both be in a very deep, dark hole right now. Some days I just wish I could stay under my duvet but we still have a little boy who needs us, as much as we need him.

When we were told that there would be highs and lows with the boys being in NICU we never once imagined the highs would be as high as they were and the lows this low.

:hugs: I am so very sorry for your loss :( I have a friend who is going through similar, except hers are twin girls and one passed away on December 24th. :hugs: Glad to know your other little man is a fighter x

wow, there are no words... I`m so very sorry... I have been following your story since you started posting here. thinking of you. Please ask at the nicu if there is someone you can talk to.

:hugs:

I am so sorry about the loss of one of your brave little boys.

I gave birth to twin girls and lost my youngest after 1 day as her lungs were not developed enough. I felt exactly like you said some days I just wanted to stay in bed and never get up again.

If you need anything please feel free to PM me anytime as this time last year I was going through the same thing.

Take care xxxx

HCB I am so, so sorry :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Our thoughts are with you. And hopefully your son will make it home soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->