what age for a booster seat

geordiemoo

Reaction score
Hi, just wondering what age a booster seat/cushion is acceptable. Like this https://www.mothercare.com/Mothercare-Commuter-Deluxe---Grey/537559,default,pd.html
My daughter is starting nursery in 3 weeks, just after her 3rd birthday. I'll be dropping her off every day but once every 2 weeks my nanna will be picking her up. She weighs 2stone 10 now and is tall for her age at just short of a metre. The journey is less than 5 minutes, would a booster cushion be ok. I have a car seat that can be used but would have to drop it off and install it every other Wednesday night after work and would be much simpler to have something permanently in their car.

Technically she is the correct weight for it but I personally wouldn't use one of those until they are at least 4 years. My daughter went into a high back booster when she turned three as she is 91st centile for both weight and height and had passed the weight limit for a 5 point harness. I hated doing it though and bought a rather expensive Britax one!

If I were you I would go for a high back booster, mothercare sell a Graco one for around £25 I believe. It will give her much more support and protection in the event of an accident.

Thanks, ill probably just use her existing car seat for a while then instead of buying something new now.

all my eldest 3 went into booster seats (with no backs) when they were 4. I wouldn't do it before 4 personally.

(And Lydia stopped using her booster seat when she was 8 [and however many months] when she reached 135cms in height).

My two went into high backed boosters in our car at 2 1/2 years and 3 1/2 years. DS's was just a normal high backed booster but DD's was still a 5 point harness. However DD was a real pain and first if all got herself out of the 5 point harness and then when we changed it to just the seatbelt would pull the seatbelt over her head as she didn't understand the safely implications.
For the odd occasions they go in grandparents cars they have just normal booster seats and have done for a year or so. While I know that others wouldn't be happy with this it's something that I am happy with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->