What Age for Toddler bed.

yourstruly10

Reaction score
Hello ladies. Wow my first post in toddler section.

Anyways im curious what age is best to move my little girl into a toddler bed. She is very advanced. Walked at 10 months, can get on and off the couch without help, can climb the stairs ect. Hubby and I were thinking of getting her one for Christmas as she will be 15 months then and the ones I have looked at say 15 months+.

Any thoughts or advice for when we do move her would be great. Im not worried about waking at night with her because im up at night with my 6 week old anyways.

We're getting LO one after Xmas, so she'll be 20 months, then we'll let her decide when she wants to use it.

My son is 15 months and he hated his cot and we co-slept, so at about 13 months i got him a toddler bed and toddler duvet and pillow, and just put sides on and pushed it next to my bed he sleeps in it fine xx

Both of mine have stayed in their cots until they climbed out.
DS was about 13 months when we moved him.
DD is 2 and is still in the cot as she has never attempted to climb out.

Callum is still in his cot but I must admit the past week I have been thinking about taking apart his cot and putting his toddler bed in my room. Someone has it on hold at their house for us as there is no room here to store the bed so I have been thinking about asking for it.

Callum used to loathe his cot so we co-slept until I literally had no choice but to make him sleep in it :cry:. He will not go to sleep if you lay him in it, he stands up and falls asleep eventually from being over tired. I think he finds the height daunting as he has never been fond of enclosed spaces etc.

He is only 13 months but it isn't fair to leave him to sleep somewhere he doesn't like, so I may get the toddler bed and put a thick duvet on the floor next to it with a few thick but flat cushions down incase he falls out but he is a pretty good climber on/off things x

:hi::hi::hug:
welcome to toddler section xx. aww and congrats on the baby xx:thumbup:.

we moved lo in her bed at 18 months but not by choice she refused to get into her cot completly lol i wanted her to stay in her cot longer but she had other ideas lol.

my lo then slept like a log in her bed and was so happy an excited she felt like a big girl.

i think they tend to let u know when they r ready.

but really its down to u when u think shes ready or if she lets u know sooner:thumbup:.

:hi::hi::hug:
welcome to toddler section xx. aww and congrats on the baby xx:thumbup:.

we moved lo in her bed at 18 months but not by choice she refused to get into her cot completly lol i wanted her to stay in her cot longer but she had other ideas lol.

my lo then slept like a log in her bed and was so happy an excited she felt like a big girl.

i think they tend to let u know when they r ready.

but really its down to u when u think shes ready or if she lets u know sooner:thumbup:.

Thank you. Is there anything specific I should be watching for as signs that she's telling me she's ready?

well climbing out is a sign trying or to climb out.

with my little girl it was a pure screem everytime i would place her in the cot she would sob her little heart out.

it just went from one day being fine to the next puting her arms and legs in the way so i couldnt place her into the cot then screeming like she was scaired. she would instanly stand up and say no cot lol. we had 2 bring her into our bed to calm her.

then oh said lets take 1 side off see how it goes we did and she slept then we took the other side off turned it into a propper bed with a pillow and bedding called it a big girls bed and she got so excited and was jumping so happy.

shes been brill ever since.

my lo wouldnt climb out cos she new its a hight so instead she would screem the house down lol.

Hmm I wonder maybe if thats why Ava has been screaming. She used to go for her naps and to sleep no problem. Now every time we put her down she screams for a good 30 minutes before falling asleep.

we put H in last week (13.5month) as when ever we tried to put him in his got he would scream and cling onto me trying to climb up me away from the cot. We already had the bed and mattress so I thought Id put it up and see how he went. So far so good! We put the cot mattress on the floor next to the bed so if he falls out he goes onto that, but he hasn't as of yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->