What age is "normal" Lego for?

The ones I have says 5+ on the box but my four old has been playing with normal lego for a while (prob from 3+ with supervision)

Ds1 has normal sized Lego, I didn't really think about ahe just when I could trust him not to put in his mouth

Thank you, I've always avoided it as it looks fiddly lol but I think he'd like it, I'm thinking of getting a storage head for him lol, I just worrie about it around my 18 month old?

Under supervision my youngest loves Lego! Spends ages taking off and putting on the hats!

I would go with their recommendation of age 4.
DS is 4.5 and jumps between LEGO and Duplo depending on what he is attempting to build.

Ds1 only plays with Lego at the table as I can't fully trust him or ds2. We have a stair gate between our living and kitchen diner and I can still see ds1 fine.

Eta by not fully trust ds1,I mean trust him to be tidy enough with the Lego with ds2 around/ responsible enough to keep bricks away iykwim

Lego Juniors is age 4plus.
Neither of mine really chewed on Lego so I was happy to have them play with it from being fairly young.

I've got LO some as a big brother present for when baby arrives and he's three. He plays with it at my mums and loves it.

We got regular Leo at Christmas when DS1 was 4 1/2, and DS2 was 2 1/2. They've done really well with playing with them. I wouldn't get them until your youngest is past the oral fixation phase, though. Or only get them out to play with when the youngest is napping, and put away again before he's on the floor to play.

I'm going to get some for ds1 birthday when he'll be 4. I would've got it him earlier but he's been happy with duplo and the youngest can't eat that, ds2 is disgusting and eats things off the floor that I haven't picked up properly.

Ds1 has normal sized Lego, I didn't really think about ahe just when I could trust him not to put in his mouth

That was my thinking. When he finally stopped putting things in his mouth. I would say DS was around 4-5.

I think 3+. We didn't get any for DS until he was about 3 as I just didn't think to, then I saw that a few of his friends (same age) had it and enjoyed playing with it so we got some and he loved it. DD is 2 and she likes to make towers and simple structures with it but she has trouble pulling the bricks apart and gets frustrated so it isn't really suitable for her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->