What age to give EBM/formula in a sippy-cup instead of bottle?

Sarah+

Reaction score
What age should I start to EBM and formula in a sippy-cup instead of bottle?

Thanks!

You can start any time LO is happy drinking it from a cup. it's recommended you stop bottles by approx a year.

I agree with Claire ^^, basically as soon as you think they are ready and willing to take it from there.

Earlier the better really, Izzy takes water and juice from a spout cup...but is not so keen on her milk from it, so I have to just try and get her to take a bit more from it each time....I stupidly assumed if she drank from a beaker then she drank from the beaker lol - didn't really think she would be picky regards what was coming out of it!!

i was wondering abt this too...am going to keep an eye on this thread and see what everyones done x

Thanks Ladies :)

Can the LOs suck air through the sippy cups? That's my only concern about starting them for milk.

Jacob's just getting the hang of juice/water from a sippy cup, so I'm going to play it by ear. Once he's used to it, I will try milk and see how he gets on.

Can the LOs suck air through the sippy cups? That's my only concern about starting them for milk.

All the cups I use (tommee tippee first cup & explora) have an air hole in the lid, so there is no problem with the milk coming out, and so long as the beaker is tipped enough then they should be able to suck the milk fine.

All the cups I use (tommee tippee first cup & explora) have an air hole in the lid, so there is no problem with the milk coming out, and so long as the beaker is tipped enough then they should be able to suck the milk fine.

Thanks :) So I gather than means they can't suck air if they haven't tipped it far enough? If they suck, nothing will happen until they tip it up far enough? (Unlike bottles where if the teat isn't full, they suck air etc.).

I would imagine that if you use a cup with a valve, they could suck in air. So if you're worried about that, I would go for a 'free flow' cup or a Doidy cup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->