What ages do you consider a "teen mom"

sunshine20

Reaction score
I'm 21. Idk how people can sit there and say that I'm a teen mom since I haven't been a "teen" for 2 years. I remember when my best friend had her daughter she flipped out at the nurse because she refered to her as a teen mom and she was 20. So I'm wondering what ages you consider a teen mom. I honestly consider a teen mom to be someone under the age of 18. Not sure why but that's how I've always seen it!

I guess if you have 'teen' at the end of your age you are a teen mum? So up to nineteen.

A teen mum is someone who is a TEENager, so that makes it 13-19.
But some people still class themselves as teen mums from the age of 20 and upwards because they feel like they can relate to us the most.
My mum doesn't class me as a teen mum though she classes me as a adult and i'm 18 :dohh: lool.
Some people see things in different ways.. :flow:

dont see point in labelling people 'teen mums' we're all just mums at the end of the day age doesnt make much of a difference, teen mums is just what the papers like to use to put us down

I IMO 13-19 is 'teen' But i'd say 20-22 still count as 'young' mums.

I'd class being a teen is between the ages of 13-19 & I'd class people who r 20-25 young adults I'm 20 & don't class myself as a 'teen mum' but I can relate to the girls in this section more

I agree with you, anything up to 18, as when you're 18 you're considered an adult so.. :)

teen mummy 13-19 young mum 18-25 :) that's what I think anyways!

I'm 19, and I'll be 19 when LO is born... but I don't call myself a "teen mom" to me, a teen mom would be under 18, but in the end it doesn't really matter. It's all about maturity levels anyways. :flower:

Anyone who has a 'teen' at the end of their age, so 13-19 years old is a teen mother. I'm 21 but was 19 when I got pregnant and 20 when I had him, I wasn't technically a teen but a young adult.

I was 19 when I conceived, and 20 when I had her, still hang around the teen boards as I was a teen when I was pregnant.

I guess 13-17 because at 18 youre an adult...but i see it as kids having kids as long as theyre under 18. I had my first at 21 and people still stare at me like im 15. I have a young face at 29 lol but i hate the stares...nope youre an adult!=)

im 20. and I consider myself a "young hot sexy mamma" hahaha. i dont like the label "teen mom"

I honestly don't mind the label of teen mom. Just the stigma of what's behind it & people's snotty, ignorant judgements. It's up to them how they'd like to perceive me, but only I know what I'm capable of :shrug:

I think 13-19 is a teen mom. Hence the "teen" at the end of each number :haha:

I think it's just 13-19 when you are a 'teen'. I think that 'young mum' is a better word and associate it with those under 25 :)

At my doctors the teenage pregnancy midwife is only for under eighteens though! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->