what am i doing wrong re: washing?

ellie

Mum to Kalden
Reaction score
:nope: I have tried soapnuts on a couple of washes now and they just dont seem to get teh poo out ... i dont mean stains like the actual poo is still there they look like they havent been washed at all :nope: Even when the washer got stuck earlier and ended up on a wash cycle for about 4 hours instead of 2!¬ :dohh:
Am I putting too much in the wash perhaps? How much / how many nappies, wraps etc do you put in one wash? I usually put a pailful in but is that too much? with wraps, liners etc? Is it the soapnuts? I thought people found them pretty good ....
help, i've just had to put practically the whole nappy wash back in for another go! :wacko:

hmm thats odd, id more likely think it was your washer tbh cos even if i put a rinse cycle on, no detergent, the poo comes off, what temp are you using? maybe go for a higher temp? other than that i dont know really as have not used my soapnuts yet

x

oh and as for how much i always have tons of nappies to wash and end up stuffing the washer full and it still works

x

hmmm, I do do a 30 fast wash with nothing in it before I throw in the soapnuts on a full wash and tbh all the "poo" is gone by that point, the only stuff Ive had stain is the Flip Organics which do it with detergent as well.
Im not sure really...what temperature are you washing on? How many nuts are you putting in the baggie?

Normally I will but about 20/25 nappies in a wash, sometimes its a few more (I have a 7kg load machine) if I have left it more than 2-3 days. Really I prefer it to be 20 ish with liners, wipes, any wetbag that needs doing.

thanks gals, a normal wash on 40, i used about 6 or 7 nuts and some of those washer balls to help agitate the washing, its done this before today but not always .... weierd. will try a smaller wash ....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->