What am I doing wrong?

S

Serene123

Caitlyn isn't putting on enough weight and again I get told off by someone that thinks she has a right to do so. Caitlyn's not even small. She's on the 50th percentile now (was on 91st) but she still puts on some weight. She put on 5oz in 3 weeks. She's 16lb15oz. She's soooooo active now too.

:cry: I usually don't care but grrrrrrr.

Who told you she wasn't putting on enough weight? Babies lose weight when they are more active esspecially crawling?

What was her birth weight?

BTW Caitlin was only around 18lb on her 8 month check

6lb15, she started on the 25th percentile, shot up to 91st (got bitched at for that too!) and now she's down to 50th. I thought she was doing perfectly, HV doesn't think so. She told me to put her on my boob more but she's on me all the bloody time as it is.

:dohh:

So HV told you this?

Think shes talking shit!

I don't know what all this means Toria because my decision was not to care or bother with any of it from the beginning. I get her weighed when she has injections and on her 8 month check etc but thats it.

Caitlin was slightly bigger at birth 7lb and shes always been just on the line. Like I say at 8 months 18lb .... Your Caitlyn near 17 at just over 6 months.

Think your HV is a nobber lol Ive had 2 HVs and both have respected my wish and sometimes I have the 'gosh shes so light compared to some of the girls who are posting' but it lasts a second my baby is happy, fed, healthy! I'll use Mummy instincts if she isn't. Shes always been exactly on the line (wha that lol) according to HV so I don't see how Caitlyns not progessing fine.

As I said as well keep in mind crawling active babies loose 'baby fat' if she had this.

Yeah she has LOADS of baby fat! Squishy marshmellowy chubba. She has lost her double chin and stuff and is starting to look like a little person. She seems to be doing perfect to me. They just love to knock peoples confidence

Stop getting her weighed then?

;)

Oh poo, she is doing so well. She is exactly average, nothing wrong with that! You know best how she is doing.

Like I've written in previous threads, we are struggling with weight and it stresses me out to be constantly told that my LO is not gaining enough. But he is on 6% now for his weight so they might have much more of a point in telling me off than you! And even he seems so happy and active that I really don't know if I should worry.

So just relax and enjoy your healthy baby girl :)

I dont take any notice of my HV as when i had my first at 14 they always made me feel like shite like i didnt know what i was doing

Relax she is doing great and your a great mum do NOT let anybody tell you otherwise xxx

:S As long as she isn't losing a great deal what does it matter. She is crawling like a Pro! She's bound to use up lots of energy. But people will always have their say. I get Caitlyn weighed every 2 weeks, have done since she was born. I do it for piece of mind and I enjoy it. If they are just getting you down, as Wobbles said, don't go :)

I agree with all of the above. You are doing a great job! As long as you are happy with her (and from what you have said, she's a a happy and healthy baby) ignore them! :hugs:

If you think shes doing well why even take on board what they say? And if its getting to you that much then dont take her or take her to a different centre to be weighed

bloody health visitors! grr mine are always moaning at me. Your doing a great job, like everyones said before me they do lose weight when they're more active. They only need to be weighed twice apparently, so ive stopped taking her to the clinic now, last time she was weighed was a few weeks back before her op and she was 24lb, but shes off the charts for her height too, she gets it from her dad, hes 6'3'', and shes not at all too chubby, as you can tell from my facebook photos!

Your one of the best mummys I know on here hun, I mean look how clever she is!!!

I dont take Seth anymore because the HV scared the shit out of me last time I was there. Seth dropped from the 50th to the 9th. He hasn't lost weight but he's not putting a lot on. He eats a lot but he is active so I reckon thats probably why. He's always been a skinny little lad anyway.

You're doing a good job so try not to stress. She looks like a lovely weight and very healthy:)

xxx

50th centile? and the hv isn't happy? :shock: tell her to do one!

Katie was like Caitlyn, she was way into the 90's up to 6 months, I think. She last got weighed when she was 4 months old and my hv said she's doing great, see you when shes 15 months :shock: I saw her thinning out as she got more mobile and the closer I got to 15 months the more anxious I got:dohh: She got weighed yesterday and is on the 50th centile for weight & 91st for height:happydance: the hv said shes doing brilliant so I can't see how they say Caitlyn isn't.

I agree stop getting her weighed and tell the hv's to do one because you know your baby better than them. What the crap does a chart mean anyway :dohh:

hmm maybe since she used to be on the 91 percentile the HV is concerned she may lose or may be dropping too much weight in the future? I dunno hun, sorry, the 50th percentile is perfect.

Dont worry, as long as she does not start to look skinny I wouldn't worry.

she's gone onto solids recently hasnt she? Babies can slow down in weight gain then (my doc told me) as pureed fruit etc has less calories than boobie milk. I'd suggest it's normal?

ignore them hun. aslong as caitlyn is happy, didnt they have a go at you when she was tiny cos she was overweight (in their opinion)?

like the others said, shes active now, her weight gain is bound to slow down.

im like wobbles i only ever take callum to the clinic if i have to, they give you so much conflicting information and it mashes my head!!

do they have a self weigh station where you go? they have one at our children's centre and that's where I weigh Ally. I only go to the HVs to get him weighed if I have a question. I'm always interested in what Ally weighs but I know the HVs would find something to complain about so I try not to bother too much with them!

ignore them.

how can bang on normal be wrong?

she looks healthy to me x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
confettiblue