what are my chances??

sproutly2003

Reaction score
I took my last bcp last Thursday, the day I also started antibiotics, 3 days after the last bcp me and DH DTD, then the following day, I got my withdrawal bleed. I know the bcp still protects you when you finish the pack for a week, but as I was on antibiotics, what are the chances I could have conceieved? And if I did, would I still had my withdrawal bleed?

BCP does not protect you for one week after stopping taking it. you can get pregnant straight away. anti-biotics also affect its levels in your body.

My GP said that for the 1st 7 days after stopping my BCP I' be protected, as my body would assume it was having it's 7day pill break?

it depends on the pill to be honest some have more after affects than others go with what your gp has said. to be honest if you have had antibiotics they interfere with how your body absorbs any tablets and they usually suggest you use another form of contraception whilst taking them so yes you possibly could but i wouldn't imagine you would have had your withdrawl bleed if you were but then people go there whole pregnancies having af so who knows i would think it was a slim chance though xxx hope this helps.

If the 7 days she's talking about are the 7 sugar pill days then it is highly unlikely you would be pregnant, because you don't need to take pills those 7 days when you're on the pill anyway. Have you looked into charting your BBT and CM? I started doing that straight after coming off BCPs a few months ago and now there's no more guessing as to when I'm fertile, if I'm pregnant, etc! It's great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->