what are the chances of twins?

new baby 4 me

Reaction score
ok so i have only had 1 doctors appointment so far pretty boring.
im probably around 14-15 weeks.
i have not had a ultrasound yet its coming up next month.
all they did was a pelvic and took a history sorta.
they did find the heart beat easily.
i am a larger girl, in case it comes up.

this will be my 4th baby and i read the odds do go up...
for some reason alot of people in the family and around me keep mentioning twins like a "feeling"
but my symptoms are almost non existant meaning, my breast dont hurt, i dont have morning sickness, the obvious things that they say will double if you are.
i do have mad cravings and i do feel some dramatic stretching going on...nothing like the rest..
but i am loosing weight .
so i guess my question is..
for the woman out there that have known twin mommies or are twin mommies, can you please tell me if you had increase weight gain or did you ever loose in the beginning?
what was your morning sickness like?
has anyone ever had the doctor hear 2 heartbeats at a appointment before they knew of twins?
and how did you find out your carrying twins?
now keep in mind they have not had me give blood yet and they have not measured me yet either..
i hope i dont sound crazy for even asking this ...but i really am wondering..

At 14-15 weeks I would have thought you would have had an ultrasound done or any day :?

I've n personal experience but I would have thought twins would be confirmed by ultrasound & 2 heart beats heard!

Good luck x

All i know is twins only follow on the maternal side no matter how many twins on the dad's side it is impossible to carry twins genetically through this way. So if lots on mums side then this increases chance.
I know a girl who has just found out she is preg at 22 weeks she is a size 8 and thougt she was stressed,well she has twins and found out at scans,also no preg symptoms so it can happen.

b.x

Sorry hun, I can't help, but good luck babe! x

Until you have an ultrasound its possible! Can you feel the top of your uterus? If your measuring further ahead then your dates id say your odds go up. Im 13 weeks and im already measuring past 20 which is why in 2 days i have an ultrasound checking for twins. Good luck

Until you have an ultrasound its possible! Can you feel the top of your uterus? If your measuring further ahead then your dates id say your odds go up. Im 13 weeks and im already measuring past 20 which is why in 2 days i have an ultrasound checking for twins. Good luck

Umm, the posts above are almost 10 years old...thought you must have missed noticing the date.

I am pregnant with twins and the Dr and midwives have a hard time finding both babies using a Doppler however I also have 2 anterior placentas which makes it difficult . I have twins on both sides mostly on my paternal grandmother's side of the family, I guess an ultrasound is the only way to verify good luck xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->