What are you currently buying to prepare for baby?

BunNtheOven

Mom Expecting # 2!
Reaction score
I haven't started buying anything but I'm considering to start collecting some things starting next week once I found out the sex. I know that I'll get a lot for my baby showers (I'm having two separate one for each side of the families, OH's family and My Side will be separate) . What are you getting right now?

All I have is some clothes. I like to wait until I'm a little further along .. Find it more exciting!! It's very hard tho as I want to do is buy&
Get everything! I do plan to get the pushchair and bedside cot I want in a few weeks xx

I've been getting clothes, cloth diapers, and books.
In November I plan on buying the travel system and crib.

I've got some clothes, some blankets, a bath seat, a bouncer, complete steriliser set with everything you could ever think of included, a play mat, getting nursery furniture next month probably and I know the pushchair that I want, just waiting to see if I can find a good deal on it. xxx

I was waiting until I found the sex before buying things... I have a lot of boy clothes from my son and absolutely nothing for a girl. I had only gotten one gender neutral swaddle before now.

My mom has gone ahead and tried to "lock in" some of the major items in the family like swing, high chair, playmat, exerciser, that type of thing. I already have a stroller and travel system that is not expired, though it's well worn (HARD to push) and A LOT of boy clothes. Turns out it's a boy so I'mdoing pretty good with stuff already!! I made an offer on a crib today so that'll be the first big purchase :)

So far we have (other than hand me downs from our 2 girls)
-Double stroller (baby jogger city select)
-Mattress for small swinging crib
-2 blankets
-8 neutral sleepsuits, 8 vests, 3 cotton hats and a little bear jacket
-Jellycat small grey bunny toy
-4 hooded towels
-Tiny Love rocker napper (bought preloved)
-3 pack of blue and white giant muslins (already have pink ones so will just gift these if we have another girl)
We don't need a lot more really. Since we're team yellow and we're not decorating a nursery for baby (we have 3 bedrooms and 2 DDs already so once baby arrives we'll sort out who's sharing the big bedroom depending on the gender) it'll mostly be a case of stocking up on essentials like nappies and wipes :flower:

So far some outfits, picking up a dresser/changing table on weekend. I have all the big stuff from first time around so don't need much x

I haven't bought anything yet, but have been sorting through dd's stuff in the loft and making a list of what I need. I won't need to buy a lot, because I kept everything! I have new bottles, steriliser, etc that never got used last time.

We're team yellow this time though so looking forward to choosing some new unisex outfits.

I've bought some onesies so far! I know you can never have enough of those! Once I get a car, I plan on buying a box of diapers every week!

Just a few little pink outfits. I like to wait a little bit longer and go nuts in the nesting phase! :)

So far I have bought some clothes (babygros, vests etc) that I found in the sale but loved - I dont need much as have cotbed and moses etc from my dd - also bought my pushchair as I got too excited &couldnt wait!

I have bought things for her room. Paint and some decor. I am waiting for the electrician to come put a light fixture in so need to wait to paint and stuff. After this is done I'll move on to getting stuff=)

I'm starting to freak out because we haven't bought barely anything yet. A blanket, 2 cloth diapers and a handful of onsies. I was hoping my family would offer to throw a shower since there is such a huge gap in babies and all of my baby stuff was stolen years ago but no such luck.

This paycheck I am hoping to find a crib. I say find because I am shopping at resale shops so it's really hit or miss there. I am also planning on buying one more cloth diaper and a moby wrap or bottles (I'll be breastfeeding but unfortunately only am taking 10 weeks off of work so I will be pumping.)

My mother bought us the most beautiful old wicker bassinet and she's planning on really decorating it to the hilt once we know the gender. She also bought us a lovely car seat! Other than that we're more or less holdin off on buying things until we know gender, but I suspect we'll start getting gender neutral things like bottles and diapers here shortly as it never hurts to stock pile those things!

At the moment all we've bought is dummies! It still doesn't feel real enough to be buying stuff yet! We have loads of things from last time so we will have to start stocking up on nappies and boy clothes.

Yay I got a crib for the baby yesterday! :) Can't wait to start fixing up the bedrooms for better, comfier, more decorated, cheerful and appropriate rooms for all of us. It's honestly pretty blank at the moment since my MIL took what used to be the kids room.

We bought a travel stroller system, crib mattress, and some clothes. Waiting to see what we get from showers before we get anything else.

This is baby #2 for us and we saved a ton of stuff from our son. We already have the swing, pack and play, crib, highchair, changing table, clothes, toys, basically everything that is a 'big ticket item'.

The things we need to buy this time around:
- Infant car seat adapter for our stroller
- Infant insert for my ergo carrier
- new bottles
- bottle sterilizer
- breastpump and accessories
- baby bath tub/something to put baby on
- Clothes if it's a girl

Some outfits, bottles, steriliser , bottle brush, insulated Bottle bag, tommee tippee prep machine , changing mat and my silver cross surf 2 :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->