What are you doing special for HB?

katerdid

Momma
Reaction score
I've still got a while til it's time for my homebirth, but was just wondering what everyone else has done/is going to do? Any special candles or birth affirmations or birth altars?

For me I'm thinking I'll do a bunch of posters with birth affirmations that will help me focus and calm. Think I'll make them with really fancy calligraphy, etc and when I reach 37 weeks I'll celebrate by hanging them up in my bathroom. Although when I go into early labor I'll prolly spread them around places in the house where I'll be in the most.

Lavender is really important to me, so I've been slowly stocking up and drying the buds. Thinking of a few sachets, doing an infused massage oil and then either candles with lavender eo or a diffuser with lavender oil for around the house.

Also want to work up a birth playlist. One with calming meditation music and one with relaxing indie/folk stuff.

What are you ladies planning?

I had fairy lights and candles and an aromatherapy diffuser with lavender oil burning in it. Of course, it turned out I was mostly in labour during the day and it was a pretty bright day, so that was all mostly pointless anyway! But it was nice for the hour or so in the early morning when it was still dark. But the lavender was nice. Also, had my natal hypnotherapy music playing in the background.

I also did birth affirmations, not so much during the birth itself, but I put them up around my house about a month or so before in places where I'd see them every day, then I'd read them every time I passed by there. I was definitely repeating some of them in my head during my birth though, so I highly recommend that.

I had big plans--music and all... Anyways it was broad daylight, my kid wanted snacks etc...so pretty much did nothing extra :) I got to eat, of course. In my opinion, there's just not much energy left to put into that stuff when push gets to shove!

I might hang up our family's home made happy birthday sign, especially because the girls would really get that he's a member of the family.

If it's nighttime I'd love candles and dim lights. Both of my births were broad day - 2:45 pm and 4:45 pm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->