What are you doing xmas eve?

missk1989

Reaction score
We were too late to book panto and have spent enough this xmas so would prefer not to spend much more. I am after some xmassy activities for xmas eve. Late afternoon I will give DS his xmas eve box which will include a film to watch and food etc and a gingerbread house to make. What are you doing ladies?

I am working 8-2 that day. I plan on doing some last minute shopping after and then we are going to give the kids their Nintendo Wii, games etc as a little gift from baby so will spend the afternoon playing with that. Then we'll probably order takeaway for dinner. Nice quiet, chilled out evening.

We were hoping to go to the reindeer farm like we did last year but unfortunately OH will be working the day.
We're off into town with my sisters and my Mum to have breakfast at our favourite cafe and pick up any last-minute bits. Then back to change bedsheets, OH will be getting back about 5.30-6pm and everyone will be coming round for a buffet tea and mulled cider. Once everyone has gone and Lucas is up to bed OH and I will watch Scrooge on TV (I watch it with my mum every year but we won't get to this year - boo! :()
Then gifts out, stockings put in rooms, to bed and try and sleep through the excitement!!

We will be home. I will do little party food bits for lunch and dinner and play Christmas music or films and that's it really.

The children open their Christmas eve boxes in the morning as they're filled with things to do throughout the day.

We have our first fertility appointment at 16.30pm!

Then usual tradition of Christmas Eve buffet.

Finish up with watching a film and reading stories <3

I'm working (but only a half day, yay!) from 7am to 11am. On my way home I'll probably do some last minute shopping for food and whatnot, I was planning on doing it on Wednesday but forgot I have a meeting that night.

When I get home we'll probably spend some time cleaning the house and getting things ready for MIL who will be arriving at some point that evening or late afternoon. We'll bake cookies for Santa and then we'll give the girls an early Christmas present (new pajamas) and order Chinese. Watch a Christmas movie, leave out cookies for Santa and put the girls to bed.

Once they're in bed I plan to continue my tradition of drinking wine, wrapping a few last gifts, putting things under the tree, doing stockings and watching It's a Wonderful Life.

My Mom is having her side of the family over to exchange gifts etc. since this year my dads side is having Christmas on the 25th. I will spend the morning of cleaning up, lighting some christmassy candles, and baking! that evening will probably be spending time with family. I think the christmas Eve box will keep you entertained! I Love watching The Christmas Story & Elf on Christmas Eve! If you have kiddos, I saw a thing on facebook where you can "track" santa :xmas6:
Definitely break out some hot chocolate! If you're a frequent pinner, there are lots of ideas on making a super cute hot chocolate bar! (peppermint/chocolate spoons, marshmallows,etc)

We're going to go for a walk in the morning, I'm determined we're going to get out the house as I imagine we will stay indoor Xmas and Boxing Day, we were going to go to a garden centre to see reindeer but we ended up seeing some reminder yesterday so I think we're just going to go for a walk on a local large estate that has deer roaming, depending on the weather. In the afternoon it'll be a film, baking etc.

We get up, and put all the Christmas bed sheets in the wash ready to have them clean and fresh that night. Then we'll probably bake (I want to bake stained glass biscuits this year, and maybe biscotti) and tidy up. FIL is coming over for tea, we're doing a buffet. Then we'll go for a walk around the streets to see all the Christmassy houses, and hopefully go to a carol service at the church. Then it's home to have a nice drink and watch a film. Then LO will go to bed and we'll put the presents out x

Kids get their Christmas eve boxes in the morning. It has a cookie mix in so we will be baking. Then tidying. At some point we will get out for a walk. I'm sure someone will pop by, usualy my mum and brother and OHS mum usualy comes round with all her presents. Then kids with have their bath bomb and new pj's and head to bed. Once they are asleep me and OH will have a quick tidy of the living room, I prep veg oh cleans the kitchen. Then when dd is awake oh will bring down all the presents and we will set them all up, and build any that need building. Finally head to bed. And I will be awake most the night with excitement.

My DH is off work. We will probably watch some Christmas films and play some games. I will do some cleaning and tidying for the big day.
In the evening we will put the reindeer dust out and some cookies and milk for Santa before bedtime.

North pole breakfast when we wake up then youngest is going with his nana for a bit and me and oldest have to pop shopping.
Once youngest is back we will open xmas eve box, make gingerbread men and have food/baths and watch film!

Going to pick up turkey and any bits that are missing from delivery on Wednesday. Then home and finish cleaning house. My sister and Bil are coming about midday. Will give Christmas Eve bags after lunch. Going to make mince pies with dd1. My parents will arrive in afternoon at some point and we will all have Chinese for dinner.

We're spending the earlier part of the morning cleaning the house spick and span for the big day.
We have panto booked at the theatre for 11am. After we will grab some light lunch and then head out with friends, our kids and dogs for a nice long dog walk.
Then back home for their christmas eve boxes and a buffet dinner for 4. Christmas movie, bath time and then lay out Santa's milk mince pie and rudolphs carrot, stockings up, before shipping the children off to bed. Then I'll put all the pressies out and probably crash with exhaustion

mil / fil are coming to spend Christmas with us. I need to go to butchers in the morning to collect turkey etc. Then we are all going out for lunch. Dh will leave the Christmas eve sack out before we leave for lunch (as I get the kids in the car as they think that the elves bring it!!!). After lunch we will open the Christmas eve sack,do Christmas activities ,watch a movie then mil and I are taking the girls to a Christmas Carol singalong in a local hall. Then it'll be bathtime,bedtime for the kids and dh and I will get the presents organised.
I can't wait!!!

We'll be in Lapland so probably going on a husky ride up to the Arctic circle and around the woods to find santa. Maybe built a snowman or two, sledging and skiing &#128518;&#128518;&#128518;&#128518;

We'll be in Lapland so probably going on a husky ride up to the Arctic circle and around the woods to find santa. Maybe built a snowman or two, sledging and skiing &#128518;&#128518;&#128518;&#128518;

Um, I think you win Christmas Eve!! :haha:

No plans at all here...probably watch a movie or two and try to keep the house tidy lol x

Delivering presents to OH's side of the family. I posted all of my family's last week.
Then might get a small take-away, hot chocolate, PJ's, Xmas-eve box and a film. Then once DD1 is asleep, bring the presents down and sort them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->