• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What are you drinking??

MrsButterfly

Mummy
Reaction score
So I was a big coffee drinker pre pregnancy. Going decaf lasted about 2 weeks before I decided I couldn't stomach warm milky drinks. So I'm now looking for some inspiration for some nice drink ideas - not really a just water person....

So what's quenching your thirst right now?

I need inspiration too, I'm a tea drinker. I got some decaf which is good and it tastes exactly the same but I'm just getting sick of tea. I'm really going off it. I've been having some fruit cordial which is much better but I did used to really enjoy a mug of hot tea 🍵

I know I'm seriously missing coffee. Tried a couple of days ago to see if I could manage a decaf latte and couldn't finish it - made me feel so sick.

Elderflower cordial with soda water!!! ��

I still have my morning coffee. It's not a problem, docs have okay'd it as long as my heart behaves (I have a pre-existing minor heart complain). I'm really liking iced tea these days (specifically green tea with mint). I need to make my own to make it less sugary. Since I am trying to watch my sugar, I'm drinking a lot of water from the fridge and sparkling water with flavors. The bubbles help change it up a bit so it feels more like a soda than water, just to trick myself into thinking I am having more variety. :haha:

I try to drink as much water as I can even though it made me sick in first tri. I've also continued with my morning coffee since getting pregnant. As long as you're under 200mg of caffeine for the day you're fine. My other huge craving has been orange juice

I try to drink as much water as I can even though it made me sick in first tri. I've also continued with my morning coffee since getting pregnant. As long as you're under 200mg of caffeine for the day you're fine. My other huge craving has been orange juice

I've started craving juice... just can't work out which one I want!! It's not the caffeine that's the issue for me it's the taste. Hoping I can stomach it again after first tri...

I don't usually drink coffee but I drink a lot of fizzy pop which is high in caffeine, I've switched to lemonade and have been flavouring it with dilute/squash like apple or summer fruits. X

I miss Pepsi Max, I drank about 5 cans a day before I got pregnant. I also drank about 3 cups of tea a day. Now I limit myself to one of each. I switched to lemonade which has no caffeine, water when I can force myself to drink it and cordial.

I miss Pepsi Max, I drank about 5 cans a day before I got pregnant. I also drank about 3 cups of tea a day. Now I limit myself to one of each. I switched to lemonade which has no caffeine, water when I can force myself to drink it and cordial.

Where abouts are you? If it's UK then they do sell caffeine free Diet Pepsi over here. It's got a white label with gold writing on it. Its not quite Pepsi Max, but I drank a lot of Pepsi Max before I got pregnant last time and lemonade just didn't cut it for me so I got that instead and it was a bit more bearable lol x

I cannot believe that I now actually detest tea, DO NOT make me a brew. I've gone right off it. Today on a day trip out I had a Fentimans Dandelion and Burdock and it was heaven.

Fruit teas? I've been drinking a gingerbread tea by twinnings it's delicious!

One drink I absolutely LOVE, which is also good for keeping those pesky pregnancy UTI's at bay is..
Lemonade with cranberry juice. 2/3 lemonade 1/3 cranberry!
Its AMAZING! I have also started drinking a lot of high juice squash. I never used to but I have HG so I need to keep my sugars up.
Doc also recommended (but i havent tried) warmed cola with slices of lemon. Helps with morning sickness and is aprently quite soothing.

Xxx

Cold water by the gallon - it feels like heaven right now. Ginger beer or lemonade if I want something fizzy.

I also still drink my usual amount of coffee - I'm a recent convert and was really sad at the thought of going off it in pregnancy (I went off tea for good with #1, it still makes me vomit) but bizarrely it was one thing (along with bread and watermelon) that made me feel better when I felt sick.

Gone right off Diet Coke though, and used to drink that by the truckload. I can taste the artificial sweetener in it (and anything else) and it's disgusting!

The only think I can stomach at the minute is ice cubes with water and occasionally a glass of pure juice only managing maybe 1 sandwich a day or Tin of soup really struggling with all my other kids and a lack of understanding from my dh suppose I should be used to it now 13 pregnancys later lol but still annoys the beck out of me how little he understands x

Water grosses me out, so I've been drinking my morning coffee on workdays (it tastes fine and I follow the max 200mg caffeine recommendation, no decaf for me) tea occasionally, (mint or a gingerbread spice from last Christmas, it's getting cold!) and watered down orange juice. Milk with meals sometimes.

I was off coffee for a bit but I'm back on now; I was drinking it with just half and half but now I want to add sugar (which I shouldn't do). Raspberry leaf tea is great but they say not to drink it first tri-I just started as I'm only a week away from 2nd tri. Sparkling/seltzer water is great and there are a ton of flavors now with no added sugar or sweetner.

Coffee is really starting to gross me out, did with my first also. I've been craving juice! Orange and pineapple mmmm. And cold water.

With my first I cut out caffeine completely and followed everything by the book. No, I allow myself one cup of coffee each morning to wake me up and I noticed it's helping me stay regular :haha: I suffer terribly with that my last pregnancy, this may be my new trick.

It seems random but sometimes water makes me want to vom, other times I love it. But that's really all I drink, besides my daily shakeology which is probably the healthiest thing I eat all day. Yay sickness!

I normally drink insane volumes of coffee and tea, but I've cut out caffeine entirely for now and have replaced the normal drinks I guzzle with ginger, rooibos and peppermint tea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->