What are you eating?

knitbit

Reaction score
I've read about a number of suppliments that people are taking, but I wonder what kinds of dietary things people are doing to help fertility.

Do you avoid trans fats?
Do you eat full fat dairy?
Do you eat healthy oils?
Do you limit certain drinks?

Just curious what things people are doing short of adding suppliments.

Thanks!

Other than taking a prenatal vitamin and an additional folic acid supplement, I haven't changed anything! I've cut out the alcohol while TTC and I try to cut back on caffeine when I remember but other than that, I eat everything and anything! :D I love tuna sandwiches but I'm cutting back on that in case it's too much mercury in my system but I won't make any drastic changes until I actually find out I'm pregnant.

I try to avoid caffeine drinks.
I eat lots of fruit and veggies. Green leafs and I make sure my fruits are colorful.
I take vitamins that help boast fertility.

I have a book on everything! It's crazy.

I try to avoid caffeine drinks.
I eat lots of fruit and veggies. Green leafs and I make sure my fruits are colorful.
I take vitamins that help boast fertility.

I have a book on everything! It's crazy.
What kind of vitamins? I just take a regular prenatal or Centrum Silver (DH's favorite) and fish oil. In the winter, I take vitamin D3.

I should eat more fruits & veggies AND I really should cut out caffeine... I mostly drink tea. I've cut down on green tea since I read that more than 1 cup a day interferes with folic acid absorbtion. Bummer because I love the stuff.

I steer clear of hydrogenated oils (trans fats). I'm kind of anal about reading the ingredients, mostly because I don't want to feed them to my boys.

I have never been one to eat/drink non-fat dairy. I just don't like it, but have since read about a Harvard study that atually indicates that having one serving of regular fat dairy a day can help fertility. (yay! ice cream!)

I have brought decaf coffee and have cot right down on alcohol. also taking folic acid

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->