What are you getting the men in your life?

Status
Not open for further replies.

the why bird

Reaction score
I need inspiration please!

My husband is impossible to buy for! He doesn't drink, he's diabetic so no candy, he's not outdoorsy. Doesn't care about clothes or aftershave. All of the typical men gifts are either not his sense of humour (boobs and fart jokes) or really old for him (like cufflinks and hankies). He already has a kindle fire and a smart phone. His big hobby is computer gaming but he pre-orders all the games he likes.

I really want to get him something nice. If nothing else I want the kids to see Daddy getting a present he really likes to help them learn about the pleasure in giving.

My dad is much the same except he's into guitars instead of computers - but he has every accessory going already.

Please share what you're getting!

Xbox games lol, we are also saving for our holiday so can't really do a big Xmas this year. Will probably get him some aftershave aswell x

I am getting my husband a driving experience day. As it is only a voucher I am going to buy him a remote control car and put the voucher inside. He will love it as will my son watching his dad drive on the racecourse in a series of different cars, they both love motorsports and go to watch them all the time.

The lego simpsons house I think :haha:

I'm a bit clueless too :shrug:

I got him a gorgeous fossil watch for his birthday and that was my christmas idea. Hes so hard to buy for. He wants us to do route 66 when the kids are older so last year i got him a route 66 keyring and all sorts to do with that so I've done that already. Doesn't drink, doesn't play games, hes a total workaholic as we own a tshirt/printing business so was thinking maybe a tablet so hes not always on his laptop :haha:

Other than that I'll get aftershave and sweets and hopefully pick up some more stocking fillers. Bah men! :dohh:

ETA hes not boring lol! Just not into generic men hobbies!

What about special diabetic candy? I know we get that here. Its more expensive but as a special christmas treat it would be a exception.
Mine doesn't ever buy himself anything so is so easy to find things for.
What about something personalised? Maybe with a picture of the kids on?

My list so far for DH has
A personal digital radio with headphones. He spends a lot of time at work on sit on mowers etc and he has been fiddling with his phone trying to get the radio to work on it but no luck, so I got inspired LOL
Old Jamaica rum and raisin chocolate (although last year I couldn't get hold of it in shops so had to buy a bundle of 5 bars on Amazon. I wrapped them all individually for a laugh lol)
Something with the boys on, maybe an update of last years photo keyring
Fifa 15 game
some dvds
An after shave he used to wear when we first met, it run out and he just started using whatever other family members gave him for each Christmas.

Maybe theres something like that which may not be special to others, or needed, but has a memory attached to it for you guys.

OH is getting a Wii U this year, he already knows about it though as he was gonna buy himself one so i had to tell him :( I am SO stuck on my Dad/Step Dad/FIL/Bro/Bro in Laws :/

My OH is a big gamer and wants the Saitek X55 Joystick How exciting! Not :haha:

I'm all out of ideas for actual gifts, so this year I'm going to book a night away, probably at a spa hotel for his Xmas pressie (and my Xmas pressie to myself, lol!). I know he will appreciate that more than buying stuff just for the sake of getting a gift which is what I usually end up doing. X

Hubby is a bit of a gadget geek but has every gadget going and i'm NOT buying the iphone 6 after seeing the reviews.
So i've brought him:

A Shirt
Converse jogging bottoms
Armani watch
2 Aftershaves

and will buy him a few more stocking fillers x

I'm getting my OH a motorized helicopter. Not sure what else yet.

A bike tho he got it this week early, so just a DVD, shirt and t shirt to open on the big day

i am goinjg to get him a couple of things from think geek;
a black mug with Meh. on it
a bottle of bacon flavoured hot sauce
he has a Star Wars emperor tattoo, so im getting him a shirt with that symbol on it
and the kids and i will make him a hamper to put the hot sauce, mug, and a few other bits like beef jerky, candy, etc
probly get him the new Stephen king book too!!

Apart from his Christmas eve hamper my hubby is getting one present, a 4k ultra HD TV, he does not have a clue, he seen it in Harrods when we went away in January, and I have saved all year in tins every 50p £1 and £2 coin I have been given to buy it. I have managed to fill 2 1/2 of those sealed pound shop tins, it is killing me to know how much is in them but I am determined not to open just yet. With the topcashback money I have saved, I am hoping that I will have enough without having to put to it he is going to be so shocked :cloud9:

No idea - he hasn't written his list yet! My hubby's main interest is TV / films / sci fi, so his presents are usually predominantly dvds / blurays. So every year he makes a list of ones he wants, then is banned from buying any in dec / jan (his birthday is jan) and i choose from the list. Not very inspired, but it works for him. I usually also get him some other bits and bobs like t-shirts, pj trousers, books. Try to make sure there are one or two surprises. The only idea I have so far this year is Guy Martin's autobiography and maybe a F1 cap.

I usually get DH some clothes because he never buys them for himself. DVD's and video games are appreciated and he normally gets a bottle of liquor (last year vodka, this year whiskey). I got him a swiss army knife last year. And he's always got a list of books he would like.

My dad I just get book store gift cards. And my in-laws get joint gifts with their spouses, things like wine, chocolate, food based gift baskets as I never know what to get them and DH hates shopping so leaves it to me. My BILs tend to get cash or gift cards, it's what they ask for.

I have no idea :| my dad is So hard to buy for. I think I might buy him and my mum tickets to see a band/stand up act next year and then something small like body shop bits :wacko:

I don't knowwww I just don't know, it's stressing me out. He's the kind of person that if he wants something, he'll just go and buy it so he has everything! He's massive into comics and geeky stuff but I'm steering clear of all that because I'd get the wrong thing. I'll get him a nice card and be done with it :lol: :dohh:

My DH is ridiculously difficult to buy for. He's a jeweller so watches, cufflinks etc are out of the question along with anything engraved because he does all that type of stuff too. No point getting him DVDs as we have movie streaming. He's a big gamer but pre-orders everything. He has sensitive skin so doesn't use aftershave or fancy skin stuff. We've already got a tablets and kindles etc. He's not really onto clothes or music. He's a nightmare!

From DS he'll just get some new slippers (even though he just got some for his birthday in July!), some character pyjamas and some sweets. I was thinking I'll get him a board game like the Game of Thrones one, but the reviews say it takes a few nights to play and you really need to leave it set up somewhere, which we couldn't do. The only other thing he's mentioned lately is some decent wireless headphones for his PS4 but I normally avoid buying him anything gaming related because I don't want to encourage him! :haha:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"