What are you getting the men in your life?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My OH is hard to buy for too so we tend to just do fun useful stocking presents. so far Im getting him socks, pyjamas, books, something personalised from DD, new earphones, travel mug, flavoured popcorn.

I want to do the other men some sort of hamper, dvd, beer, chocolate, biscuits.... Maybe a small car care kit for my nephew who just got his first car. Car air freshener....My grandad and FIL I'll probably get something like the photo keyring of the boys as well.

The hardest one to buy for is my Mums husband I don't know him that well, and what I do know I'm not too keen on. So far I'm getting him a mug, probably with something sarcastic on it. He is quite sarcastic.

Absolutely no idea :dohh:
All the men in my life seem to be really hard to buy for, my brothers aren't too bad but they just seem to have everything!

Okay this thread got me realising I need to think creatively so I just ordered OH these...

minfig288__29810.1411998601.400.400.png
minfig289__20405.1411998792.400.400.png

They're going to be standing on little green bricks engraved with the words "The Walking Dead (Southport)" :haha:

For the ladies with gamers for fellas don't forget it's not just the games!
Gaming chairs ? Controllers? headsets etc...

Getting my OH a new xbox game and a new headset for his xbox one... Probably the turtle beach sevens.... Maybe a new tshirt and a few wee stocking fillers :)

The poster who mentioned the guitar fan, we bought FIL last year a gadget from iwantoneofthose that cuts plectrums from just about any scrap you have lying around, so you'll never be caught without a plec. Not hugely useful, admittedly, but a fun novelty gift.

DH is getting clothes (he likes nice clothes but hates clothes shopping), an RPG book (out of print, so a treasure hunt for me to find a copy less than £80+), a Milton Jones DVD, a sock snowman, a desk calendar of LO for work, a fancy cheese knife (he loves his cheese! lol), a bottle of this really nice ginger beer he's taken a liking to, and some chocolates.

My Dad is impossible. I've been asking him for a while what he wants and no answer. His birthday is early January too. :(

My Father is getting a book on funny quotes from various kings and queens (spotted in the Works a couple of weeks ago) and I don't know what else.

FIL may well get an oil pastel portrait of one of his dogs - he loved the one we got him before of another of them. Expensive though, so we need to get someone else to go in with us on it, and gain SMIL's co-operation in sending photos the artist can work from (she's v hard to get hold of).

Oakley sunglasses is the only thing I can think of right now, he's going skiing in January with work so might look into something good for that, and either myself or my mum will get him a Top Gear magazine subscription. I haven't thought of the other men yet, I always struggle with them :/

The new Motorola smart watch if you can afford it? Or the Apple one, which IMO isn't as pretty, but I don't know much about technology!

Apple watch isn't released till 2015 is it?

Getting my OH a new xbox game and a new headset for his xbox one... Probably the turtle beach sevens.... Maybe a new tshirt and a few wee stocking fillers :)

if my OH saw your post I think he'd request a wife swap :haha: He's wanted Turtle Beach headphones forever!

if my OH saw your post I think he'd request a wife swap :haha: He's wanted Turtle Beach headphones forever!

HAHA :haha: It's only because i'm quite into my games too. He hasn't asked as they are quite expensive so he will be really surprised :) He just plods on with the basic ones atm. So fingers crossed he will be really chuffed :)

A Pebble smart watch is good, it's not as flashy but I do like it until apple watch comes out. And much cheaper than alternatives til then

OH wants a kindle of some sort so that will be his main present then just little bits and bobs.
A personalised mug off the kids as his last one is cracked and needs updating anyway to include DD.
The usual socks, underwear, smellies
A gift voucher for his favourite restaurant as whenever we have a date night we always decide on 'cheaper' places so would be nice to be able to take him without him feeling guilty about having expensive taste :haha:

I'm hoping to get him the complete star ward box set as a surprise but it's quite expensive so wanting to try and save up my amazon vouchers xx

I have no ideas so far! OH is in to games but buys them himself as he makes games for a living, so he gets free ones from work all the time and trades them in for games he actually wants.

He also loves Lego but has a huge collection already and gets most of that for free too from work.

He's a big geek, loves comics etc but wouldn't have a clue which ones he wanted. Not in to clothes, aftershave. It's his 30th birthday next month too and I have nothing for that either :dohh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"