what are you making/cooking on bonfire night?

Connah'sMommy

Reaction score
My mums having a bonfire and fireworks and im helping out with food etc...so apart from the usual Parkin/bonfire toffee what else is there that i can make?

Would have put this in the cooking section but theres never many responses in there:flower:

I am going to attempt my dads famous (locally) bonfire soup, its in a couldren (huge saucepan, like chef size) its mince, loads of root vegetables, oxo, pesto, powdered oxtail soup and bonnet peppers, and a few other bits i cant remember, witches nose, fingernails, bats blood. it is truely amazing!! Cooking it tomorrow with my dad then bringing it home, it will feed us saturday night and then me for the rest of the week, it gets better the longer its been made, mmmmmm cant wait!!

Oh and some hotdogs for the ones who dont like any spice at all :shrug:

its just me and harrison at home, so i think ill make us hotdogs, and marshmallows on sticks. x

its my mums birthday on 5th and every year my dad lets of fireworks in back garden and we make a huge pot of stovies and also have hot dogs! yum!

So I've heard of bonfires, we did one a few weeks ago and we'll be doing another one in two weeks but never heard of having a set night where everyone has a bonfire. What is the story behind it?

We just do hotdogs, marshmellows, and put an iron skillet with peach cobbler into the fire to eat later. For drinks we have hot cocoa and coffee.

we are going into the village for the bonfire & fireworks then coming home too have homemade butternut squash soup and hotdogs the we will light the open fire and do marshmallows!

So I've heard of bonfires, we did one a few weeks ago and we'll be doing another one in two weeks but never heard of having a set night where everyone has a bonfire. What is the story behind it?

We just do hotdogs, marshmellows, and put an iron skillet with peach cobbler into the fire to eat later. For drinks we have hot cocoa and coffee.

its guy fawkes night. the man who tried to blow up UK parliament hundreds of years ago. which is why people build a 'guy' and burn him on the fire

'remember remember the 5th november, gunpowder, treason and plot' etc etc x

:) https://www.bonfirenight.net/gunpowder.php

He always have a bbq! :dohh:
If its raining we leave my dad out there under an umbrella!!

its guy fawkes night. the man who tried to blow up UK parliament hundreds of years ago. which is why people build a 'guy' and burn him on the fire

'remember remember the 5th november, gunpowder, treason and plot' etc etc x

Oh duh, yes I remember that :dohh: . Thanks for the info, I didn't know you guys did anything big like that in rememberance of that day.

Baked potatos with homemade chilli and cheese & hot chocolate with marshmallows :D

im going to my friends for a bbq too :) YUM

I was going to have a crack at bonfire toffee but knowing me and my cooking skills it could go 1 of 2 ways...

1. poison everyone in some way
2. end in disaster in the kitchen with burnt stove/pans/myself etc

:dohh: xx

we always have jacket spuds.. used to do them on the bonfire but we don't do our own fire anymore so they'll just be in the oven with a big pan of chilli, gonna attempt to make some bonfire toffee aswell :D x

what is bonfire toffee?

oh yuck, i hate treacle toffee :(

plus, im terrified of boiling sugar :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back