What are your oh's reasons for waiting to ttc?

Mrs Poppy

Reaction score
If the reason why you are not ttc right now is your oh, what does he say his reasons are?

Mine says that we need more just 'us' time before we have a baby. I think that he's secretly just scared and doesn't want to grow up!

I just want the day to come when he turns round and says "I'm ready- lets have a baby"! I will be on:cloud9:if/ when that happens!

When we TTc'd for the first time, my husband was ready before I was. I just suddenly freaked out that I might be infertile and we needed to try RIGHT AWAY!!!!
The way he tells it, I drained him of every drop of sperm and left him lying in a heap on the floor, whimpering.
For the next time, we are basically waiting a year for my body to recover from pregnancy and for me to get one more year of work in so that we can get our savings in shape and I can be eligible for mat leave EI (Canadian government maternity pay) again. We decided on that together. I think the only thing we aren't 100% in agreement on is 2 kids or 3. He thinks 3 is great number, I'm nervous about my age and the risks and the expense and all the usual stuff. He takes things in stride a lot better than I do - I worry about what ifs twenty years down the road.

Ive never really got a proper answer to this one.... and i think a lot of the ladies on here are in the same situation? He always skirts around it, giving vague "im just not ready" answers. I ask why he isnt ready, and he doesnt know, so i say "if you dont know why youre not ready, how are you going to know when you are ready? If you dont know what to look out for?"

Recently tho ive cornered him a bit, as i just want to know what im waiting for! And he has said that he wants to get the house finished, and he wants to go on a big holiday to florida with all our mates... so thats what we're doing!

He hasn't said exactly why but I am blaming it on him being a momma's boy and is afraid of the responsibility for someone else's life

Agree with Kate, I get crap reasons no real ones, he says he wants to do more stuff before he has a kid but then sits on his arse all day!

Mine is trying to break me, keeps saying why dont we just try now :cry: I SO want to but i really want to look good at our wedding too :(

The way he tells it, I drained him of every drop of sperm and left him lying in a heap on the floor, whimpering.

:rofl::rofl::rofl: Love it! Bet he hated every minute :rofl:

We've got lot's of reasons to wait, we're just not quite ready yet. The main thing that will dictacte when we start ttc is my OH finishing his PhD and finding a job though.

OMFG my OH now has said to me why cant i enjoy the baby i have now and stop talking about having another one :hissy: It was him when she was 3 months saying 'when can we have another one' and two days ago 'can we just try now'

Why can men never make up their minds :cry:

we need to get the house in order first. we are renting this house for two years & then buying it. at the mo we are currently putting in a new heating system & re-wiring, then decorating throughout & installing a new kitchen, including knocking down a wall, then having all the windows replaced, having a porch put on the front & a huge concertivory on the back. its all busy busy, no time TTC nevermind actually having a baby. i'd like to get married to first, were looking at dates in 2011.

Its not really my OH thats holding us back, it's the fact that i'm in uni, so both me and my OH want me to finish. Plus we're getting married and my dress does not have any extra room for a bump! lol

Because hes "not ready yet". My OH would make a great dad but infortunatly his mother had rubbed of on him and he has a paddy every time hes has to remotly put him self out for any one else.

lozzy my OH is the same don't worry. Think of the future, we can be pregnancy buddies!!

I think men will never be "ready" as OH says, a woman becomes a mother when she's pregnant, a man becomes a father when the baby is born and he can see it.

xxx

Mine tried the 'us' time aswell. I was like; erm, its been 10years and we have a toddler. What on earth do you mean us time!?

I still dont understand what he meant?

Mine tried the 'us' time aswell. I was like; erm, its been 10years and we have a toddler. What on earth do you mean us time!?

I still dont understand what he meant?

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
I can't wait to hear his answer!

My OH's reasons for WTT are:
*he wants to give our kids the best life we can
*he says he wants to live a little
*he's not ready

>_< :hissy:

Dan can't wait! The only real reason we're waiting is because I've only just had Jack via c-section, so want to leave it at least a year!

i suppose james' reasons are the same as mine, we want to move and get married first. he has said he would be happy to start ttc now, but i've said we have to move first!!

i'm waiting till my jab finishs on the 14th, but he wants to try in september when its the cooler weather lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->