What are your periods like? How do you cope? How do they make you feel?

hawalkden

Reaction score
As titled..

I'm currently pregnant and don't miss my periods. I hate them. Dreading when Peanut arrives at end of November!

When I was at school and had periods I had a few days off but I thought they'd settle over the year..

Before being pregnant and WTT I wasn't on the pill. I was on and off different pills since 15 and then when I was WTT for just under a year I hated every period.

I had to take at least one day off work. I couldn't walk, from my ribs to my knees felt like jelly but with the pain. I'd have very very heavy bleeding. I had to be admitted to hospital once due to huge clots coming away. The Doctors though I was haemorrhaging. They gave my womb a scrap and they got lighter just before becoming pregnant.

I don't like the feeling of loosness in my joints mainly my hips and pelvis and just that whole area feeling tender.

I was also sick ever time I got out and about. When I was at school my mum though I was just faking it and said I had to put up with it i've got years of this but then after a few fainting events due to the blood loss the doctor put me on the pill which helped.

OH dreaded when I was 'on the rag' as he called it because he worried I was going to be to ill also the time off work made me just look like a drama queen!

The ways I use to get rid of them was a roasting hot bath which would end up with a blood bath with the blood clots and I always felt like when I got out the pain came back 10x worse! Like payback for having a bit of a relief!

Hot water bottle on my back and just to sleep. I use to dread getting up though and feeling the 'Niagara Fall as I call it when it was a gush of the blood coming out.

I also have loads of co-codomol before the Doctor gave me a perscribed painkiller which I swear by now and use for everything.

I also HATE the mess of it all. All the mess and pain for a week I just think it's unreal and totally unnecessary!

My periods were horrendous before i had LO, I used to dread coming on at work because i always had to go home because they were so painful. I would go straight home to bed with a hot water bottle and curl up in pain as no pain killers would help. Luckily my work colleagues understood and i was referred to the occupation health person which meant i could go home from work without getting diciplined for having a day off a month lol
I ended up going for a laporoscopy because i thought i had endemetriosis (sp) as my periods were so heavy and painful, they found nothing to be wrong and i was just unfortunate.

Well since having my LO my periods are a million times better. As soon as it arrives it is a bit painful but nothing i cant cope with and i just take ibruprofen and paracetamol once and then thats it as i can manage the pain.
Somebody at work told me once i have a baby my periods will be better and she was right....I am so glad :)

My periods before I got pregnant were fine. Lasted 4-5 days, not overly heavy bleeding, and not too much cramping. I was perfectly fine with getting them.

I'm on Depo and was happy not having periods until it started three weeks ago! Non stop since... hate it :(

I can't complain at all about mine. The worst symptom I have is an out of control appetite. I only have 2 days of moderate flow and a few spotting days on either side of that. No pain or discomfort at all.

Mine are pretty grim TBH, I can't do much at all and have to take prescribed, strong painkillers and have a hot water bottle. Yuk.

OH used to think I was being melodramatic, as in 'all women have this, stop being a wuss' but over time I have managed to get it across to him that we aren't all the same, some have no problems but some of us actually have a horrid time every month!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->