What are Your Tell Tale Signs?

Cheyanne

Reaction score
When you first meet someone, there are usually tell tale signs indicating where they're from. Name the top three tell tale signs someone would recognize upon meeting you. Here are mine.

1. Southern drawl..we have a tendency to drag out whatever is being said and perpetually include "yall" in every sentence. LOL
2. If you ask us to choose a restaurant, we'll almost always go with Mexican food, seafood or soul food. My ex-husband carried a spare bottle of Louisiana Hot Sauce in his glove box.
3. Our wardrobe consists of tee-shirts and shorts nearly year round.
It was 70 degrees on Christmas Day, but snowed on Easter. Go figure.:headspin: :headspin: :headspin: :headspin: :headspin: :headspin: :headspin: :headspin: :headspin: :headspin: :headspin: :headspin:

Well my accent actually throws them off. lol They figure I am a foreigner but really I am a natural born American.

A foreigner, really? LOL I visited Arizona, my husband's home state and they sounded weird. It was almost a lack of an accent. While I was there, I met a woman from New York. She said, "Oh, I know where you're from!" When I commented on the Arizona non-accent, she said, "Yeah, they all sound like the man on the six 'o clock news!" That was funny.

cheyanne, it snows in scotland in easter alot too lol!

Geordie isn't too dissimilar to southern Scotland I suppose, but in saying that, a friend of mine from Scotland struggles to understand my accent, lol, but women's voices are naturally quite deep here when spoken to accommodate the accent

A foreigner, really? LOL I visited Arizona, my husband's home state and they sounded weird. It was almost a lack of an accent. While I was there, I met a woman from New York. She said, "Oh, I know where you're from!" When I commented on the Arizona non-accent, she said, "Yeah, they all sound like the man on the six 'o clock news!" That was funny.

I was born on a Navy base in Australia, but the base is considered American soil and so I am a natural born citizen of the U.S.A

I have been in the states for 13 years

i speak liek a mink :( a total *gadgie* as wed say here lol! i used to have a lovely scottish accent!!!

Think Bristolian is the worst accent .. really farmer west country and i have it bad .. :rofl:

You dont speak like a mink Yvanne! I like your accent lol!

I cant stand the "ned" way of talking here. I think the guys always sound gay :rofl:

lol i was putting on my posh accent then :rofl:

I don't know how many of you have ever been to Louisiana, but I LOVE the Bayou accent. Sometimes, it's so thick it actually sounds like another language. Many times, one sentence will contain English and French. Noth'n beats the way they talk there. Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez...Let the good times roll.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->