What are your thoughts on really common names?

I'd prefer not to choose a popular name. Only because mine is fairly unusual so people comment on it every now and again, it's a classic name though that everyone knows. I suppose if I was really in love with a name then I wouldn't care.

If I like the name enough, common or not, I'll use it. However I tend to gravitate towards less common names. For girls, anyway

I had an unusual middle name set up for a future DS but his initials would be EAR. No thanks!

Liam is becoming increasingly popular, but I used it anyway because I absolutely love it!

My name was really common (I was one of 3 in my class at school) and it was a nightmare. My son doesn't have a common name (Christian) but my daughter has a common name (Isabel) but we haven't met any other Isabel's.

My Niece is called Amelia and when she was born the name wasnt that popular but now were every you go you always here the name Amelia and my nephew is called Oliver and thats a really common name. My son has 2 Olivers in his class so he calls the Oliver's in his class and his cousin by there surnames as well. xx

My son is called Jack born in 2010. I genuinely did not know anyone else called Jack and have always loved the name. Nice and simple :) I have come across one more kid called Jack, in my son's nursery and that's it. I really don't go by the popularity, If I like the name then that's all I really care about! :)

It's difficult. One of my babies has a very common name, which I always said I wouldn't do but I had loved it since childhood and don't think other people loving it should put me off. Popularity shouldn't stop you from using a name if you love it enough.
.Some names aren't popular for a reason!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->