What are your Xmas day plans?

Mummy2B21

Mum of Two
Reaction score
What are you doing, where are you going this year?

The year before last we opened pressies and then went to my parents for Xmas dinner and the rest of the day/eve. Last year we decided to stay home cook Xmas dinner and spend the day in our pjs with the kids playing on the floor with them with all their toys.. It was so much fun and when we looked up it was dark outside and 8pm, the day flew but we had a great proper family time day.
This year we would like to see family again, but also have time to sit and play with the kids for a while after they open their pressies.. So I'm thinking up at 7am I'll get ready quick trying not to wake anyone lol then the boys can get up and hubby and they can open their stockings whilst I sort our breakfast, then pressies time till about 11, the boys will most likely wear their new avengers costumes and we'll go over to my parents where my grandad and brother will be and brothers girlfriend in the eve and possibly my elder brother.. Play some games, eat, drink, open more pressies, depending on the time we leave we may pop into the in laws on the way home :)

We will open presents/have breakfast/get ready
then head to my mams, youngest will get picked up before dinner to go to his dads and me and oldest will stay at my mams for dinner and afternoon then we will go home and chill/play with toys

We will get up. Let Poppy open stocking and have breakfast. Wait for my mum and dad to get here and the girls dad. Open presents. Start sorting food out and go for a walk. Make and eat Christmas dinner. Play with toys and have some buffet food and watch to in evening.

We'll have the actual Christmas day just us- me, DH and the kids. When the kiddos wake up they'll bring their stockings into our bedroom and open them. We'll have breakfast and then if we're going to church we'll go to church first and then open presents, otherwise I'll go to midnight mass and we'll open presents after breakfast. The day will be mostly spent playing with their presents, DH will take the kids out for a walk while I cook dinner. Then more playing after dinner until bedtime, we'll probably watch a Christmas film at some point. DH and I will gorge ourselves on food once the older kids are in bed :)

I usually get up first super early and sort my hair out and put on a bra for the photos that will be taken of present opening haha! We do presents and have breakfast, have a little play of toys etc then go next door to my mum and dads house to see all my family, all my sisters and brother, niece and nephews all there, we take the kids on an elf hunt through the big fields near us (my mum knits little bits of elf clothes and we get small jingle balls we strategically plant them on the way around for the kids to find and collect and pretend the elves must have dropped them on way around! Then back to mums where we will chill for a bit, sometimes we open presents before dinner sometimes after, then we just pig out on Christmas dinner etc and play board games (always do a family quiz!) This year we also have pie face.

Then we put kids to sleep at mums, everyone else stays there and we usually just pick the kids up and take them back next door to our house when we are ready to leave x

We'll get up and the kids will open their stockings in our bed. OH will go downstairs and switch the christmas lights on then I'll take the kids down to open presents. My mum and dad will come round for breakfast and to see what Santa has brought. They will open their presents off us. I'm hoping MIL and SIL will come about 12ish for an hour and exchange gifts. Then once they have been we will go to my parents for Christmas dinner, the kids will have more presents to open off my parents and sister. We will stay for a couple of hours then head back home where we can play with the rest of their toys. My parents will come to ours for the evening for lamb butties, crisps, chocolates and drinks. Previous years we have gone to MIL's for a buffet but Alex is getting older and wants to play with his new toys so we decided other than going to my parents for dinner we arent going anywhere.
FIL is hoping his nephew will bring him down to see us at some point on the day (he's been unwell in hospital and had an op now staying at his sisters while he recovers, otherwise he would of been with us since Christmas Eve.)

We'll just get up when we wake and let dd open her stocking in our bed. Then we'll head downstairs and have an easy breakfast while lo opens presents and plays with new toys. Late morning we'll drive over to inlaws for dinner. We'll open presents from each other, probably take the dogs for a walk and chill out watching tv or playing games. If anyone is hungry, we'll have some buffet nibbles for tea then drive back home. Hopefully if it's not too late by the time we get back and get lo to bed, me and hubby might watch a film together.

We have a lovely family day at home. We wake up, get dressed, open presents/stockings have breakfast and the kids play with their things. Have the obligatory dinner. MIL will come over at some point with her husband and they'll stay for dinner. The kids will go to bed and then I'll stay up with DH and we'll have a couple drinks and watch something on TV. A nice, easy, no stress day.

We get up once S is properly awake and he goes to see his presents. After all the excitement has died down a bit we'll have breakfast and maybe exchange our own gifts. Then play/watch Christmas morning tv until noonish when weather dependent my parents will call around with their dog and we'll take all the dogs out to the river together. After that we'll go to my parents' house for dinner and exchange more gifts with them and my youngest brother. In the early evening we'll all go to my grandmother's house for tea with her and my uncles. Then depending on how tired S is, it's either back home or back to my parents. Last year S was so excited it was well after 1am when he finally fell asleep, so I'm prepared for a repeat of that but in my fantasy, I will have time to watch Downton Abbey before I collapse too. :D

We are having Christmas at home for the first time. My MIL is making us Christmas dinner.
In the evening we will go to my grandparents for a buffet.

All this is dependent on when baby arrives though!

We'll wake up in ours (with OH there which will be the first Christmas ever at our house that it's not just the two of us!) open presents, have breakfast then go for a little walk (only because we're getting Lucas an electric ride-on motorbike so I know he'll want a go).
Then round to my mum's for more presents and lunch.
After that we'll go to OH's auntie's house where all his family will be there for snacks/drinks and give out our homemade gifts (we've made everyone a bar of Christmas soap).
In the night we'll stay at OH's and then come back in the morning to drop Lucas off at his Dad's.

So excited!!

We will get up open pressies and then have a quick breaky later on. At 2.15 we are eating out at a nice restaurant so we will be getting ready to go out a little before then. After Christmas dinner we are going to take a walk down by the river and feed the swans and ducks. Then home to open stockings and chill out for the evening. Boxing day is a pj day :)

We will probably wake up and open stockings first then gifts. We will probably have a small breakfast and then play with the new gifts. Around 3 or so we are going over to BIL and his fiancé's house for Christmas Dinner. We will probably spend the rest of the day there and will be opening more gifts after supper.

Wake up at home and open presents, have a casual breakfast (not decided what yet but probably pastries or pancakes). Let the kids play and watch Xmas TV. My mum will come over whenever, hubby is doing lunch this year so aim to have that around 1pm. More playing and TV, then in laws will come over for evening. Boxing Day is ds2 birthday so we're having a birthday buffet for him.

Stockings on bed followed by breakfast. Everyone gets up and then family will be round (9 of us for Christmas dinner this year),a couple of pre dinner tree presents for the boys, the main meal, then presents. Lots of playing and having fun as a family to finish the day off.

This is a strange year for me as my OH is off. He was a chef so always worked Xmas day. We did intend to go to my mums house but they closed the bridge so this will be our first Xmas altogether in our house!

The plan is all wake up, go downstairs. Open stocking and presents. Once B has opened some I will get started on breakfast. We will then have food and play with toys/watch Xmas telly. I will make dinner and I think my OH will pop around to his brothers with DD for a bit to exchange gifts. They will come back and I will serve dinner. After food it'll just be playing with new toys and relaxing with chocolate and telly until bed.

My DD has a horrid cold atm and her cough is making her sick so I just hope she is better by then!

Christmas day is a pretty relaxed affair for us - the only real planning I do is to write out a timetable of what needs doing when to cook the lunch, and that is only to minimise the amount of time I have to spend in the kitchen! So we will wake up whenever (the kids are up at 6.30 on a normal day, and are now old enough to be likely to want to get up even earlier this year, I fear!). We will have our stockings upstairs, which buys hubby and me a few extra minutes in bed! In previous years, their stocking haul has been enough to give us time to get showered and dressed, but I think that might be asking too much this year! Once we are done with stockings we'll go downstairs to see what Santa brought. We'll open the presents and at some point have breakfast (hubby and I always have bacon butties, Hayden has declared that he will be having pancakes, I'm thinking I might use blueberries to make them look like snowmen, or that might be too much faff!). The kids will spend the morning playing with their new toys, and probably scoffing too much chocolate. Mil and Fil will be arriving late morning for lunch, not sure yet if my parents will be coming this year (they alternate between us and my siblings, not sure whose turn it is this year!) We usually eat sometime between 12 - 1 pm (early compared to most people, I think, but the kids get grumpy when they're hungry. After lunch we usually watch a Christmas film. Mil and fil leave fairly soon after lunch usually, and if my parents haven't been for lunch they will visit in the afternoon. Then we will relax for the rest of the day, the kids are into board games at the moment so might see if they fancy a game or two, or they might just want to play with their new toys. Hubby and I are usually still too stuffed to have tea, so will probably just give the kids sandwiches, they may or may not have a bath (really depends how much they want to use the bath bombs from their stockings!) Once they are in bed, hubby and I usually watch the Christmas Dr Who special, and maybe nibble on some cheese and crackers and marvel at how, after so much preparation the day is always over in a flash. And I will probably be a bit grumpy by then, as I am working all day boxing day and the day after.

Hmm, maybe we have it more planned out than I thought!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->