What baby needs-checklist!!!

summerarmahni

summer and bailey
Reaction score
Hello lovely mummies n daddys missed ya all yesterday, here is what i have for bumpy b4 he arrives i reckon am finished but if anyone thinks ive missed anything please let me know cheers xx

Big things

Bouncy pram
Buggy
Cotbed
Moses basket
Bouncy chair
Playmat
Baby bath
Sterilizer(am goin to boobie feed for while tho)
Changing mat
Car seat

Clothes

30+vests
15+sleepsuits
20+socks
10+bibs(think i need a few more)
5 hats
2 pairs of trainers
3 pairs of shoes
2 pair of booties
2 pair of gloves
3 pair of scratch mitts
2 snowsuits
1 coat
10+outfits
20+t-shirts,jeans,jumpers etc etc

Bits and Bobs

5+blankets
2 towels
5 packs nappies
4 packs wipes
5 dummies
6+ bottles
Shampoo,talcon powder,sudocrem,body wash,nappy crem etc etc
5+ likkle teddies and snugglies
sponge,hairbrush,nailclippers etc

hmmmm i think that is about it mybe missed a few ikkle things i think i finsihed but please let me know if ive missed anything :happydance:

Wowsers 30+ vests :wacko:

I think I've got about 10 - Better go buy some more......Oh well it's a good excuse for shopping :happydance:

ummm baby monitors? sheets ect for moses basket and cot?

But youve done well hun about same as ive got now only need silly things like a raincover and nappies now :)

baby monitors and moses basket sheet is all i can think off,
also nappy bag (probably in with the pram) and rain cover.

i thought i was organised but its made me feel like i have nothing now compared to you haha. =) x

Yep got my raincover and pram bag for both prams they came with them so one thing i didnt have to think bout lol
yep i got my moses basket bedding just need my cotbed bedding
thanks girlies :)

the reason i got lots of vests is i remember with my lil girl how they are so handy and you go through loads a day xx

Oh yea baby monitors i need them thankyou xx

Yea vests are a god send you go through at least 2 a day so you want as many as poss... what sizes have you bought? Ive got 2 piles 1 for newborn and one for 0-3 and a drawer with few 3-6 months ready too. Never know how big babs is gonna be or how fast hes gonna grow!! :D

Firstly, even though you do get through quite a few vests in the early days, 30 is a bit... astronomical! Same as 20 pairs of socks. And 15 sleep suits. Some people can't afford this many of anything - and even though we could afford it, we had about 10 vests, 7 sleep suits and 10 pairs of socks and we did just fine. My LO had reflux too, so we DID get through a stupid amount of clothes.

Yea vests are a god send you go through at least 2 a day so you want as many as poss... what sizes have you bought? Ive got 2 piles 1 for newborn and one for 0-3 and a drawer with few 3-6 months ready too. Never know how big babs is gonna be or how fast hes gonna grow!! :D

what ive listed is a mixture of newborn and 0-3 and then i have a few 3-6 months in a draw aswell xx

what ive listed is a mixture of newborn and 0-3 and then i have a few 3-6 months in a draw aswell xx

Yea its defo a good idea to be prepared, im awful though all his drawers are full and i dont have the room for any more but everytime im in a shop i have to buy him something lol :D

I haven't bought any shoes either as I heard your not meant to put them in shoes so young as it can damage their feet :shrug:

Oh God I feel so under prepared now :cry:

Yep, i've bought 30 short sleeved vests too and although it might seem a lot they really weren't that expensive. Also have 11 long sleeved vests and 12 sleepsuits. I'm worried we don't have enough sleepsuits but DH has said no to buying any more until we need to buy the next size up. I've only bought one little pair of shoes though, just tiny canvas like ones, like pram shoes I guess. I only had one snowsuit so i bought another one y'day but I think that's it now for clothes etc. Might need to get a couple more blankets though for the cot. The sleeping thing is really confusing me :headspin: xx

cotton wool pleats and a lil dish type thing for the first few weeks of nappy changing?

one of those snotty nose things lol.

room and bath thermometer?

breast pads and cream

and as others have said, cot / moses basket sheets

Are you planning on expressing at all? Breast pump if you are. Thats all i can think of that hasn't been said already! x

Hello, I am 16 years old with my first baby. I am going to post a list of what I have at the moment. Please could tell me if i've missed anything vital off however small as I just want to get everything sorted in the last 8 weeks I have left.

Cotbed
Travel system
Bouncer
8 x 260ml bottles
5x 150ml bottles
Steriliser
Bottle Warmer
9x Dummies/Soothers
2x Medium Flow Teats
2x Fast Flow Teats
Breast Pump
Burp Cloths x4
Muslin Squares x10
17 Newborn Bibs
Baby Bath
Top ’n’ Tail Bowl with Soap Dish
Baby nail scissors
Baby nail clippers
Face Cloth
Wooden hair brush
Toothbrush
Baby Box
5x Hooded Bath Towels
Changing Mat
Travel cot
Moses Basket
Moses Basket Stand
4x Moses Basket fitted sheets
Moses Basket Jersey blanket
Moses Basket Fleece blanket
3x White Jersey Cot Bed Fitted Sheets
1x Cot Bed Duvet
1x Cot Fleece Blanket
2x Comfort Toys
1x Fleece Pram Blanket
5 Pram/Moses Basket Cellular Blankets
Assorted Johnson's baby shampoos, lotions, oils, bathwash ect.
Baby Powder
Cotton Buds
Baby Wipes
110 Huggies size 1 Newborn nappies
125g + 250g Pots of Sudocrem
50 Muslin Top'N' Tail muslin squares
Normal Baby Thermometer + Dummy Thermometer
Room + Bath Thermometer
Baby nose clear
Cotton wool balls

Have I missed anything out that I need?

Hey cotton woll and more bibs, maybe a baby monitor, breast pump, nasal aspirator to suck out snot, breast pads, xx

Muslin squares LOTS of them!!!! Great for when feeding baby to catch posset and also for covering up when BF. Also for posset after feeding and at random times!

Antibacterial gel for in the changing bag

Treat for in your hospital bag - you deserve a reward after giving birth - I have maltesers!

Hello, I am 16 years old with my first baby. I am going to post a list of what I have at the moment. Please could tell me if i've missed anything vital off however small as I just want to get everything sorted in the last 8 weeks I have left.

Cotbed
Travel system
Bouncer
8 x 260ml bottles
5x 150ml bottles
Steriliser
Bottle Warmer
9x Dummies/Soothers
2x Medium Flow Teats
2x Fast Flow Teats
Breast Pump
Burp Cloths x4
Muslin Squares x10
17 Newborn Bibs
Baby Bath
Top ’n’ Tail Bowl with Soap Dish
Baby nail scissors
Baby nail clippers
Face Cloth
Wooden hair brush
Toothbrush
Baby Box
5x Hooded Bath Towels
Changing Mat
Travel cot
Moses Basket
Moses Basket Stand
4x Moses Basket fitted sheets
Moses Basket Jersey blanket
Moses Basket Fleece blanket
3x White Jersey Cot Bed Fitted Sheets
1x Cot Bed Duvet
1x Cot Fleece Blanket
2x Comfort Toys
1x Fleece Pram Blanket
5 Pram/Moses Basket Cellular Blankets
Assorted Johnson's baby shampoos, lotions, oils, bathwash ect.
Baby Powder
Cotton Buds
Baby Wipes
110 Huggies size 1 Newborn nappies
125g + 250g Pots of Sudocrem
50 Muslin Top'N' Tail muslin squares
Normal Baby Thermometer + Dummy Thermometer
Room + Bath Thermometer
Baby nose clear
Cotton wool balls

Have I missed anything out that I need?

Lol, i think i will be calling you up to borrow bits when i run out of things in the first week :D You sound very prepared! You didnt mention clothes...I presume you do have some? lol.

Ooh and some milton fluid and milton wipes - the wipes are great if you are out and about and want to change baby but want to give the pull down change table a wipe over. Milton fluid means you can make up and drop dummies etc in for quick clean and have a spare in there - much easier than having to use the big steriliser every time as you can make up some in a bowl with a lid.

Sports top water bottle - for when feeding baby so you hgave a drink handy and you can knock it over without spilling everywhere!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->