What behaviour are you going to have to change before you have a baby?

Daisy Delayne

Reaction score
I for one am a complete and utter slob, and a child would never survive around here for ten minutes. I also become super-bitch when I don't get a full night's sleep, which could be a problem. Oh, and I eat tons of junk food, which I wouldn't want to teach my offspring. And I'm going to have to learn to be quieter when we're :sex: lol because I don't want to traumatize my kids. And I never know where anything is (keys, sunglasses etc) which I'll have to work on, otherwise my life will be miserable after kids. Anyone else?

I need to tidy up more often and maybe iron as i wash things

Hmm... I still need to work on all of those things you listed, haha! I'm a big slob but I really do try to keep my house clean. Especially in the areas that the kids play in, living room, bedrooms, and I'm a freak when it comes to cleaning the bathrooms. I've to gotten about 90% better about keeping things tidy since having kids - when you're pregnant you'll nest so that takes care of a lot of it. It's just KEEPING things clean that is the hard part.
I still drink way too much coffee (mostly because I'm addicted to it from the long sleepless nights I used to have to endure when the kids were babes). I eat a lot of chocolat-y things and I"m a little ashamed to say my kids are hooked as well. Oh well. They don't eat a lot of it but I can't have chocolate deprived kiddos if I'm a chocoholic, right? haha!

I am trying to eat healthier now that we'll be TTC for #3 soon to get my body ready and in shape for pregnancy. Oh and I'm trying to cook real meals more often because after we have the 3rd there is no way that we'll be going out to eat for a WHILE. Plus, the boys need to come off of their steady diet of chicken nuggets and macaroni and cheese at some point - but that has more to do with them than me.

I can't really think of anything else right now that I need to change. I know we have lots of projects to get done before #3 gets here but those haven't even been started.

Well, I need to stop drinking. And get myself a proper career because I've been a model for the past three years!

I'm not the tidyest person in the world but I'm not a slob either, I think I will just try to clean up my act a little.

To be honest my own personal goal is just to learn to cope with modern day living, since I have suffered with anxiety very badly, and from time to time I still get the wobbles and have to control myself, I just have to mentally prepare myself for many things that will throw me out of my comfort zone and into a shark pit.

Ummm.. thats it really, oh and I shall try not to be a bitch from lack of sleep :rofl:

I'll be needing to eat a lot more fruit and veg!! I'm sure that when OH and I have our own house, I'll be very houseproud and get myself into the habit of cleaning again... I'm already a very tidy person but I don't really do much cleaning at the mo! :) Also need to regulate my sleeping patterns - but having a 9-til-5 job for two years before we TTC should sort that out!

I need to learn to not have completely overblown expectations of myself and then get stressed as a result. Need to just chill and enjoy life a bit more. Oh yeah, and do more housewifey things. :D But I think both will come automatically when LOs arrive. Ok, maybe not the stressing less but definitely the concentrating on living more and also the house upkeep. DH's very good at both anyway, so at least our babies won't live in a tip...

^^^:rofl:
I need to eat healthier and also need to quit smoking again grrr dont know why i restarted it was a stupid idea!!

hmm im proberly going to have to change most things lol. i can be lazy(tho i wouldnt admit this to DH) i get really grumpy when im tired so does DH,think we will have to work on that.will have to finish things i start.proberly eat more healthy too

Nothing major as I have a LO already, but I want to be very fit when I fall PG next time so I can continue to exercise through pregnancy and have a perfectly formed bump!

I still drink way too much coffee (mostly because I'm addicted to it from the long sleepless nights I used to have to endure when the kids were babes).

sh*t, I forgot about coffee .There's another one I need to change...

I'm going to have to be healthier for one - theres no secret I need to drop a whole load of fat...

biggest change i think will be letting people help me... and touch me (not as kinky as that sounds! lol) I just don't like hugging and touching relative strangers etc, and OH's family is very touchy feely, especially if i had a bubs. I'm fiercly independent, to a fault, and would rather struggle through than admit I need help... this will have to stop or I'd probably keel over pretty quick with a newborn! lol

Also I need to learn to leave work at the office, or just turn off at an agreed time if working from home. Right now my career is my focus so it gets all my time, effort and energy... 14 hour days on the work laptop (and sneaking onto BnB) aren't uncommon.

I could do with a little more patience with the people around me too.. I get really frustrated when people don't just understand what I mean, or I'm asking them to do...

gosh this was a good thread! thank ya!

More exercise and we need to seriously stop having take-aways :/
Ohh and being a little less lazy would help xD

The biggest thing that comes to mind is that I need to much more patient. And also... learn to function on less sleep! :lol: I've already been working on that one lately, simply because I need more time in my day to do stuff besides go to work (I work 10 hour shifts). The patience thing is a huge one, though. And also one that I don't know how to begin on improving!

I would like to be more physically fit when I get pregnant next time and carry on with it while pregnant so that I gain less weight (will combine activity with eating better and not impulsively this time around lol) and have a better go of losing the weight/getting my figure back post partum.

Plus it'd be good to eat healthier and exercise more, a better example for the LOs!

give up smoking!! lol. and probably the takeaways on a friday night but that will be more of a money issue that weight as i am not overweight. Apart from that not much really, i dont drink much, only on occasions and i dont drink coffee. Our apartment is tidy (most of the time) I guess iv been preparing for a while :rofl: I dont want it to be a big shock when the time comes and my life is pretty much ready for a bubba to be in it :)

I'd have to be less lazy! I can barely be bothered to cook myself lunch a lot of the time & settle for a bowl of cereal :haha:
And learn to function on less sleep!

It's not hard for me because I already have a LO but I'd like to take more walks and get more exercise in. With it being winter, there is no way to get out without freezing my poor daughter so I've been staying in and sitting around. :haha:

2 biggest things on my list that I'm going to work towards changing before a baby is to make healthy eating and exercise a bigger part of my life and as a result lose weight, and keep my house better cleaned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->