what benefits can i apply for?

missmayhem

Mummy to 2 little cuties
Reaction score
hello ladies,

i was due to return to work earlier this month but my Dr has me signed off, i have developed OCD regarding cleaning. I work in the community looking after the elderly and the dr and i have agree'd that going back to work could set me back a hell of a lot, whilst i am starting to feel better I wish to complete therapy before my return to work so as i will know how to cope.

what benefits am i entitled to?

i have told work and asked what to do next re claim sick pay but that was over 10 days ago and as usual i have heard no reply from them.

can anybody here help me.

When you say that you were due to return to work does that mean that you have already been off work for some reason?

Basically if you have a job and you have been signed off work you need to speak to your employer about SSP from them. You will then need to apply to the DWP for whatever top-up benefits you can. Assuming that you get SSP i don't think you'll actually be entitled to anything like Income Support or Incapacity Benefit (or whatever it's called now). But you may be able to get help with rent/mortgage and/or council tax.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->