what birth control were you on?

kadiesmama

Mum to 1, wants to be 2!
Reaction score
So ive been off BCP for 7weeks now im CD44 and no AF, just wondering if anyone would like to give advice/their story's of coming off BC to ladies like me that are fresh off BC and confused, ive seen a few posts lately about women coming off and not knowing what to expect. Thanks x

I was on Cerazette (progesterone only pill) & came off it back in August last year. I had a withdrawl bleed within about 3-4 weeks & then my cycles have been between 41-28 days ever since. I average about 29-30 though so think myself very lucky to be so regular seeing as I've heard some bad things about Cerazette!

What were you on?

I was on Microgynon for about 7-8 years and this is what mine were like:
September 08: withdrawal bleed
(waited 150 odd days so went to docs for some norethisterone to kick start AF)
Febuary 09: First natural, cycle 36 day cycle
March 09: 68 day cycle
June 09: 33 Days
July: pregnant!
I've just come back off the pill to try for #2 so will have to see how they are this time.

Hope AF shows or not show if indeed you get lucky :winkwink:

I was on microgynon 30, only went on it as my stupid doctor said it would regulate me! i was regular until i had the depo injection! came off it 16months ago and i bled on an off, had a few false BFP's last year not sure why, doc's think it may have been chemical's im not to sure so 10 months after coming off depo they put me on the pill and now its happening again! its a vicious circle!! it only took 2 months to concieve daughter after the implant x

just found this...... https://www.ehow.com/about_5106141_withdrawal-symptoms-birth-control-pills.html x

I was on Lo Estrin FE for about 8 yrs, but on BCP for 13 yrs. I went off mid Feb and my first cycle was 35 days, second 40 days, I'm in the 3rd now. This month I started taking AC and Red Raspberry Leaf to try to regulate and help with O'ing.... we shall see.....
Good Luck to you!

The last one I was on was Yaz. I didn't O until the 3rd cycle after I stopped the BCP. In the 2ww right now...fx'd but no signs of pregnancy. Don't think this is the month for me.:(
Good luck to you hun!:flower:

I was on BCP for around 11 years, different ones but the most recent before I stopped was Lo Estrin FE. I missed a few pills in March and ended up getting my af (or maybe it was withdrawl bleed) a week early in that pack so i decided to just come off of it then. After that bleed it was another 37 days before I had the next, and i'm waiting for the 3rd now and it's CD 30. Pretty positive I ov'd last month since i had symptoms but i havent had any yet this month and i'm sure AF is just around the corner so i'm thinking maybe I won't OV at all this month. I just want it to regulate so I can start tracking things!

I was on Implanon implant that they put inside your arm. I had it removed March 28 and had AF constantly for a month now I think maybe I am back on track... maybe Good luck!!

I was on mirena.. terrible! Don't suggest anyone ever get it! Took me a while to get my period back regular.. bled heavily for a month straight after removal then my periods were super heavy and irregular!

I had a mirena coil, had it removed on the 8th of March had a bleed for a day on the 18th, then nothing till the 27th of april so i at the moment i have no clue when i ovulated or when if am not pregnant, when af is due.

I was on birth control for 3 years and when I stopped taking it I had AF twice the first month off and then it was all crazy for about 2 more months. I never knew when I was going to start. I took Microgestin, the lowest dose. It will get normal, just give it time! :)

Hi, I've been on loads of BCP, I was on Dinette for about 5 years then for the past 2 years I was Cilest. Been on BCP for about 12 years in total.

Stopped Cilest last month April 11 had WD bleed April 15 then had first post pill AF bang on 28 days later. I defo O last month had pains, felt hot and had lots of beautiful EWCM first time in many many years! was lovely to see.

....however this cycle I'm now CD17 & I should have O but instead of EWCM I have this lotion like CM so.... not sure whats's going on this month.

I hope this helps someone, when I was WTT I read lots of threads about TCC after BC and was getting really scared. This is only my second cycle but at least we're off to a good start to rest assured and good luck everyone!!

:dust: xxxxx

I just came off BCP Trivora.. last pill was may 2 (stopped 6 days before the last of the pack) & got my AF right on time a week later ... so waiting to see if AF comes on time this time.. lets hope so :)

I was on Jasmine, then Ortho Tri-Cyclen. Came off on March 29th and got the withdrawal bleed a couple days later. O'd on April 18th only one day (lots of EWCM) period on April 30th. Next v weird month. I o'ved on March 13th but got my period on Mar 24 :-( 25 day cycle. DTD on both day's I think I O'd but didn't get pregnant either time. I'm thinking something might be wrong with me, I know what the stats say but I'm pretty bummed about things. I have no idea when I O'd and my cycle is haywire. I wish I have never ever taken BCP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgess422
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->