What body parts can your 18-24 month old name?

SarahBear

Reaction score
Just wondering.

Here's a list of what Violet can name:

• eye
  • ear
  • mouth
  • teeth
  • nose
  • belly button
  • toes
  • hair
  • (brand new) butt
  • hand (in the context of holding hands only)
  • She's starting to say "foot" instead of "shoe"
  • starting to say "chin" but sometimes mixes it up with "cheek"
  • She's starting to say "cheek" but sometimes mixes it up with "chin."

Isaac can name :
Head
Hair
Eye
Ears
Nose
Chin
Teeth
Tongue
Neck
Back
Knees
Feet
Hand
Tummy
And trys to say elbow

Xxxx

L can name:
Head
Eyes
Nose
Mouth
Ears
Toes
Hands
Arms
Legs
Bum
Tummy (his favourite, always accompanied by lifting of his T-shirt)

Isaac can do:
head
hair
eyes
ears
nose
mouth
cheeks
belly
arms
legs
knee
toes
feet
bum (only in context of changing nappy when he says "bare bum" and points)

Isaac can name :
Head
Hair
Eye
Ears
Nose
Chin
Teeth
Tongue
Neck
Back
Knees
Feet
Hand
Tummy
And trys to say elbow

Xxxx

Totally off topic but it appears your "Isaac James" and my "Isaac James" were born within a few days of each other. :flower:

Most.

Hair, head, ear, eye, eyebrow, nose, cheek, mouth, lips, chin, neck, shoulder, arm, elbow, wrist, hand, finger, thumb, nail, chest, tummy, belly button, bum, vagina, leg, knee, foot, toe

Head, face, hair, eyes, ears, nose, mouth, lip, teeth, like Violet he often mixes up cheek and chin, throat although he sometimes means neck, tummy (means his whole torso, so if he bumps his chest he says 'hurt tummy'), tummy button, arm, hand, finger/thumb (used interchangeably ATM) leg, knee, foot and feet used correctly now, bum but only in context of 'sore bum', willy and balls!

Oh and shoulders, but although he knows them on other people he will always touch his head if I ask him where his shoulders are! :shrug:

DS can name:
Hair
Head
Ears
Eyes
Nose
Mouth
Tongue
Teeth
Cheek
Chin
Neck
Back
Shoulders
Arms
Hands
Fingers
Elbows
"Boobies" he finds this hilarious
Tummy
Belly button
Winky
Bottom
Legs
Knees
Feet
Toes

I think Joni can name most body parts (well, whatever is visible anyway) but I tend to say "Where's you elbow/shoulder/eyebrows..." rather than pointing at something and saying "What's this" so I'm not sure how many she would spontaneously just say the names. I did tell her to pull on her ears today (well, actually one of her cuddly toys told her to, she never does it if I say it haha) and she pulled on her pigtails instead.

Head
Eye (with accompanying poke in the Eye)
Nose
Mouth
Teeth
Tummy (with lifting of tshirt)
Knees
Toes
Boobie (mine with big squeeze!)
Willy

She recognises all of them but can only actually say eye and ear as she doesn't really talk much yet.

None at that age.

At 2 years and 9 months Thomas can now point to his belly 100% of the time. His eyes, ears and hair are more hit and miss.

Pretty much all of the more obvious ones (but not things like hip or shoulder-blade) and say their names too. But when we say "show me ankle" they both immediately chant "Uncle Beau, Uncle Beau" (Sebastian's godfather) lol

Nose.

She's not really a talker yet.

My first could point and name to just about point to any body part at this age and attempt to say them. Which included eyebrows, lashes, chin, neck, ankle, wrist and so on. But that was our bath routine of playing where is your so and so? Every single day since she was born. This time around our toddlers bath together and they aren't as receptive to me.

head
hair
eyebrows
eyes
nose
nostrils
mouth
cheeks
hands
elbow
fingers
tummy
belly button
bum
knees
legs
feet
toes

H is trying to teach her to say "mandibula" and "gluteus medius" for a laugh.
(22 months)

I think Joni can name most body parts (well, whatever is visible anyway) but I tend to say "Where's you elbow/shoulder/eyebrows..." rather than pointing at something and saying "What's this" so I'm not sure how many she would spontaneously just say the names. I did tell her to pull on her ears today (well, actually one of her cuddly toys told her to, she never does it if I say it haha) and she pulled on her pigtails instead.

I don't always ask what parts are either, although I sometimes do. She likes to name things she knows, though.

Head, hair, eyes, ears, nose, mouth, teeth, tongue, cheeks, chin, tummy, belly button, nipple, bum bum, penis and toes.

But he often calls his toes 'a piece of toast'.

Name? Probably none but when I ask "where is/are your...?" He knows:

Eyes
Nose
Mouth
Teeth
Ears
Head
Tummy
Hands
Feet

Now moving on to fingers, toes, etc

Users who are viewing this thread