What Bottles do you use?! BPA-Free?

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
Just curious after the Avent BPA-free baby bottles thread what kind of bottles you Mummies use...

Have to say I never thought about it before!

Found this article about BPA on the BBC news which some may find interesting:
https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7384856.stm

Vote & reply with the bottles you use ...

:D

I also found the following information:

BPA Free Bottles

* Adiri Natural Nursers
* Avent: “Via” Feeding System, Tempo Liners, Avent AirFlex (coming soon) ***see note
* BornFree: All bottles and cups BPA free *see note
* EvenFlo: Glass bottles, Classic Tinted Polypropylene bottles
* Playtex: Original Nurser, Opaque Soft Bottle (discontinued), Playtex Drop in liners
* Gerber: Gerber Clear View, Fashion Tints (”Plastic Pastels”), Gerber GentleFlow
* Medela: All bottles
* Sassy MAM bottles (UltiVent), Baby Food Nurser Kit
* Green to Grow Bottles **see note
* ThinkBaby Bottles
* Tommee Tippee Easyflow Bottle to Cup
* Momo Glass Bottles
* Munchkin: Dora the Explorer Classic Bottles
* Nuby: Standard Neck Non-Drip Bottle, Wide-Neck Non-Drip Bottle, Wide-Neck Bottle with Handles and Non-Drip Nipple, Standard Neck Bottle with Handles and Non-Drip Nipple, 3-Stage Wide Neck Easy Grip Feeding System with Non-Drip Nipple.
* Nuture Pure Glass bottles
* Babisil Silbottles
* Weego Glass Bottles
* Siliskin Glass Bottles
* Dr Brown’s: Glass Bottles, Dr. Browns Polypropylene Bottles (all vent system pieces BPA Free - made with polypropylene - and fit all models)
* Parent’s Choice Bottles (available at Walmart) - box is marked BPA Free
* Lansinoh® Bottles (all)

BPA Free Sippy Cups/Training Cups/Beakers

* Avent: Magic Cups, Magic Cup Sportster, Super Sport Cups
* Playtex: Coolster Tumbler, Insulator, Einstein Sip & Discover Training Cup, Sipster, Create My Own, Quick Straw, Insulator Sport, Sip and Discover, First Sipster, Einstein Sip & Discover Insulated Straw Cup
* Gerber: Sip & Smile Spill-proof Cup, Easy Grip Insulated Soft Straw Cup, Insulated Cool Cup, Gerber® Fun Grips® Cup, Gerber® Fun Grips® Color Change Cup, Grins & Giggles Spill-proof Cup, Gerber® Sip & Smile™ Cup
* BornFree sippy/drinking cups
* Evenflo: Fun Sip Insulated Spill-proof Cup, Fun Sip Insulated Straw Cup
* Klean Kanteen
* Thermos Foogo Sippy Cups, and FUNtainer Straw Bottles
* SIGG Toddler Water Bottles
* Kid Basix The Safe Sippy
* Boon Sippy
* GrowPure Multi-Stage Feeder and Sippy Cup
* iPlay Aqua Bottle
* ThinkBaby Training Cup, ThinkSport Stainless Bottle (cute!)
* Tommee Tippee First Cup, Easiflow Cup, Easiflow Insulated Cup, Easiflow Open Cup, Tip It Up Cup,
* Sassy Snack Time Infa-Trainer Cup
* Munchkin: Cupsicle, Cupsicle Straw Cup, Big Kid Sippy Cup, Mighty Grip Flip Straw Cup, Mighty Grip Trainer Cup, licensed character Sports Bottles, Re-usable Straw Cups, Re-usable Spill-proof Cups
* Nuby: No-Spill Sports Sipper, Insulated Soft Silicone Spout Cup, Soft Spout Easy Grip Cup, Gripper Cup with Soft Silicone Spout, 2-Handle Cup, Tinted Mega Sipper, 7oz Tumblers
* The First Years: Take & Toss, Spill-proof Cup, Insulated Cup, Licensed character sippy cups, Insulated Spill-proof Cup, 2 Handled Cups

BPA Free Milk/Liquid/Powder Storage

* Avent Via 8-oz. Nurser Kit
* Avent Snack Cup / Formula Dispenser
* Mother’s Milkmate Storage bottles
* Medela Milk Storage bottles and breastpump accessories
* Playtex One-Step Breast Milk Storage Kit
* Lansinoh® Breastmilk Storage Bags
* Lansinoh® Breastmilk Storage Bottles
* Gerber Breastmilk Storage Bags
* Dr. Brown’s Breastmilk Storage Bags
* Sassy Formula Dispenser
* The First Years Easy Pour Breastmilk Storage bags
* Bailey Milk Storage Bags (Nurture lll pump tubing BPA Free as well)
* Bailey Storage Bottles (as well as all parts of their “double collection kit”)
* Sensible Lines Milk Trays

BPA Free Baby Food / Food Storage

* So Easy Fresh Baby Food Kit
* Baby Cubes baby food storage system
* Laptop Lunch System
* Munchkin: Snack Catcher, Baby Food Grinder, Fresh Food Feeder, Powdered Formula Dispensers

hmm.. I didn't think Coltons were BPA free. I dont remember the box saying it. However, he uses cheapie bottles-I think they are the Parents Choice ones.

I'm getting the impression from various conversations little things coming to mind that countries like the USA take more notice of this than say here in the UK but Im having a guess there really! :D

Katie has the tommee tippee ctn ones, dont think they are . I did buy the mam ones but one very fussy madam wouldnt suck them, made her gag :roll:

ive got the Dr Brown plastic with the internal vent, think their on your list as free..:shrug:.. didnt check when buying them just went for the ones that would help rhiannon trapped wind/burpiing problems.. whats this chemical do??

I think I have both as I've got the old Avent bottles, but the ones that came with my pump are Avent Via storage cups/bottles. Hadn't even thought about it before (don't use many bottles though) x

The bottle we all had when we were kids weren't BPA free, and we're fine (well most of us :lol :lol:) so why all the fuss?

i use playtex drop in system. i dont know about the uk, but in canada and the us all bottles that are not bpa free were taken off the market mid april this year.

I use both BPA free plastic ones, as well as glass ones. Here they are still selling bottles containing BPA, but have increased the bottles that are BPA-free. We got quite a few that contained BPA and we just threw them all out when Erica was born.

I use Avent and Playtex.Both BPA free and excellent bottles!

The bottles I won't that work with breast-feeding aren't BPA free. Will it do my daughter any harm to use them?

i use mam ones and had used cheapy ones with carly :shrug:

Haven't even really thought about it. We only have a Wal-Mart here and everything on the shelf is labelled BPA Free. I can't imagine BPA being too big of a deal. How the heck do researchers even narrow down earlier puberty and/or behavioral problems to BPAed bottles anyway? There are a hundred other factors that could play into it.

I think I'm still going to get the tommee tippee closer to nature bottles, even though they aren't BPA free.

Playtex drop ins system and I swear by it! So much easier on my life, saves loads of time.

i use playtex drop in system. i dont know about the uk, but in canada and the us all bottles that are not bpa free were taken off the market mid april this year.

oohh.. thats interesting. I didn't know they were taken off the market. We got Colton's a month before that, since he was born in march. So I dont know if they would have it, or if they were free of BPA before that? I didn't even know about BPA until I read it on here. :shrugs:

Another thing they've thought of to make parents worry, weve always used Avent or Dr Browns bottles, don't know if the are BPA free though

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->