what can cause spotting inbetween cycles?? bit worried

RedRose19

Expecting baby 4!
Reaction score
hiya ladies ive noticed my body is spotting when it sudnt.. the cycle b4 i got preg i was spotting early.. then i got preg and spotted most way through it and ended up m/c then now the cycle after m/c and i spotted like a week b4 af.. and im worried something serious might be causing spotting...

anyone have suggestions what cud be causing it... im going to doc 2mor and its just freaking me out the more i think about it... :wacko:

thanks ladies :hugs:

I got this from the nhs website,

'Some women experience bleeding about 10-14 days after their period. This is usually caused by a temporary drop in levels of the hormone oestrogen at the time of ovulation (when an egg is released by an ovary). This is quite normal.'

I hope this is the case for you, good luck with your appointment and dont forget to post how it went :hugs:

I'm not sure about spotting a week before your period is due. Are you sure it's not closer to two weeks? Mittelschmerz is the ovulation pain 20 to 30% of women get and sometimes it includes spotting. I've been getting it ever since I've been off the pill and I probably got it before I was on the pill too only I never paid attention at the time so I can't say for sure.

Last month my hubby and I missed our chance to catch the eggie because we thought my period was starting. Went to the doctor's when, two weeks later, I still had no AF and a BFN. Of course, the morning of my appointment--two weeks to the day after my spotting--my AF showed her face and my doctor told me the spotting was my Mittelschmerz.:blush: She told me it was a sign that I was ovulating so it makes me feel like at least one part of me is working.

I'm bit of a hypochrondiac so I see my doctor alot and think it's worth going if you're genuinely concerned. Worrying and stressing about your body will only make you feel worse.

That is something I get and have heard it can be due to low progesterone. I have been taking vitamin B6 (100mg) with other B vits to try help and am also trying progesterone cream this cycle after ov. It is apparently normal though to get 1 or 2 days spotting mid luteal phase due to a drop in hormones around that time.

Hi I too have had bleeding after my period. I had a late miscarriage almost 6 weeks ago and started my period on 10th dec-14th dec. I then had some fresh red blood on 17th and 19th dec. I was worried what it could be, we had sex before i bled so maybe i have aggravated something that hadnt healed properly?. Been getting period type pains for a few weeks. Hopefully my cycle is normal this month and I will ovulate in a few days, and the extra little bleed I have had is nothing major. Could sex be a reason for your spotting?

thanks ladies... im hoping its something simple and not bad... im abit worried.. im already past ovulation so i know it wasnt from ov...

the first time i got it i was so happy cuz i thought yayyy IB but nope :wacko:
im being told it could be IB this time but it i got abit on 10 dpo and then followed by some brown cm.. and then nothing.. im now 13 dpo and nothing.. no sign of af.. i dunno if that was af :shrug: or weather it was just abit of weird hormone imbalance....

i rang my doctor she told me to take a test on xmas day and come in after that if bfn... :dohh:

Could sex be a reason for your spotting?

the first time i ever got this spotting i thought it was from maybe bd.. but we havent bd since tuesday and i got the spotting thurs

im so confused... :cry: its all scary i think i just wish my body would behave and work like it sud

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->