What can i do for my friend who has had her bubs at 29 weeks in terms of card/pressie

babyblog

Reaction score
Hi all, My friend had her lil boy on Thursday, at just 29 weeks. He is doing ok thenkfully, but obv it is very early days. I wanted to send her some kind of card and gift- not really for the baby (as i'll buy him something when he's home) but more for her. But i have spoken to her sister who says she is adamant she wants no cards or gifts until bubs is home.

Now, should i still send her the card i want-im thinking along the lines of a 'thinking of you' card with some kind words and some flowers-or shouls i just respect what my friend says and send her nothing. I feel like i want to do something-but is that my need im meeting or my friends. Thanks ladies, big kisses for your little ones xx

Im not sure why your friend feels that way however, I would respect her wishes hun. She'll be feeling very confused just now.

Thank you for your reply. I think she thinks that she doesn't want any cards/gifts in case something happens to bubs. It just seems we are not celebrating his arrival-but i think i'll take your advice and do nothing!

Just keep an eye on things and see how it goes, perhaps when LO gets stronger and things are more positive then you can think about something :). I understand now what she means, and in that case I would totally go with the flow for now. :thumbup:

Bless ya for being such a considerate friend, and asking this question though!

I agree if her sister is adamant she wants nothing then respect that. I had my son at 28 weeks and i have to say i got delivered one bunch of flowers when i was in hospital and was so touched. yes, i was scared stiff what was going to happen to my son but touched that someone actually acknowledged that whatever happened he was born and it was a special occasion just like if any other full term baby had been born. It made me smile even though i was going through a incredibly tough time.

Here's a thought hun we have just bought s nicu baby book to record Lo progress as our little one was born at 28wksnot sure if would-be good idea they are from WWW.tinylittlebaby.co.UK but u can get them from same place on ebay x x

Rather than buy her a card or a present as such how about making her a 'comfort pack' for her to take with her on her trips to and from the hospital?

A small 'fun' rucksack with some cologne wipes to refresh her (NICUs are always hot), some smints to suck, a disposable camera, a battery run hand held fan, maybe a book like 'chicken soup for the soul' that she can dip in and out of and that is uplifting (https://www.amazon.co.uk/Chicken-So...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1276608217&sr=1-1), a selection of change for vending machines, some cereal bars to snack on, a small notebook and pen for her to keep a journal or just jot things down that she needs to remember ...

Just little bits and pieces that aren't a baby related present but which show that you are thinking about her and about what she might be needing in terms of practical help right now ....

OR you could have a massive cooking session and freeze lots of meals for her so that she doesn't have to think about cooking right now :)

:hugs::hugs: for being a Fab Friend :D

Thank you for your replies ladies-i was thinking about a nice baby record book but there isn't much she can record in the 'normal' ones-that special NICU looks lovely. And i also love the 'making up a pack' idea.

Think i will go with them xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->