What can i do to increase chances of a BFP

bunni84

Reaction score
hey guys since all you lovely ladies are in same boat me...can you please give me your wisdom and advice please?:winkwink:

What can i do to increase chances for a :bfp: ?

i been using an app on my phone to predict when i O'd but i think i been relying on that so much i probably missed the actual O date, and i don't want to spend money on getting the ovulation test kits...I'll become a POAS addict...not good!

So shall i ignore the app and just :sex: every 2-3 days? and lie down for an hour after? Been using Preseed since last month, i think i will continue with that too?

How about vitamins? im taking Perfectil at the moment which is for skin and hair (doesnt have vit A in it which i know is bad for you...and it has the recommended amount of folic acid too so thats good right?)

any other advice? im so not sure what i should and what i shouldn't be doing...

Also going gym since Jan as well lost 6kg so far...yay. but given up rowing machine as if i do fall preggers and dont know it i dont want to harm baby with stomach exercises..

ok girlies....hit me with the wisdom :happydance:

Good strategy re the BD'ing, just make sure that you :babydance: when you see some EWCM. I'm also taking EPO and raspberry leaf tea before ovulation to help tone the uterus ready for implanting. Good luck xxx

what is EPO??

i will try raspberry leaf tea, can you use it once you conceive or you only drink for 2 weeks until you think conception is possible?

RLT is fine when pregnant also s if you wish you can drink it all the way through trying and carrying bby. After you and DH/OH dtd when u lying down for your hour id advise you to put pillow under ur bottom so your slightly raised! Im not sure on ovulation either at the moment so me and DH are doing the every other day to see if we hit the jackpot hehe! Good luck x

EPO is evening primrose oil :) It helps increase cervical mucus.

Hello! I probably can't give BFP advice since I haven't gotten one (YET!) but this is my plan: :shrug:

1 - basal thermometer/temping - i just started last month and i really liked it. I found that it helped. Thermometer less than $10.

2- Cheap OPK's. I bought 40 OPK's and 10 HPT's for $10 plus shipping on Amazon.com. Last month was my first month w/ the OPK's. I used probably 2 or 3 a day for like 7 days. So I have enough for another full cycle. And it worked. I could tell when the test line was as dark or darker than the control line. In fact, I had 3 days of positive OPKs. I kept testing til it was negative then stopped testing.

3 - Put the above information into www.fertilityfriend.com - i found it helpful since I didn't know what I was doing! It's easy to use and it walks you through.

4 - now for this month I'm thinking about conceive plus or preseed type stuff. haven't ordered it yet. probably should discuss w/ my husband first. see what his thoughts are. or maybe not and just get it anyway. haha
:winkwink:

good luck to you!

Hello! I probably can't give BFP advice since I haven't gotten one (YET!) but this is my plan: :shrug:

1 - basal thermometer/temping - i just started last month and i really liked it. I found that it helped. Thermometer less than $10.

2- Cheap OPK's. I bought 40 OPK's and 10 HPT's for $10 plus shipping on Amazon.com. Last month was my first month w/ the OPK's. I used probably 2 or 3 a day for like 7 days. So I have enough for another full cycle. And it worked. I could tell when the test line was as dark or darker than the control line. In fact, I had 3 days of positive OPKs. I kept testing til it was negative then stopped testing.

3 - Put the above information into www.fertilityfriend.com - i found it helpful since I didn't know what I was doing! It's easy to use and it walks you through.

4 - now for this month I'm thinking about conceive plus or preseed type stuff. haven't ordered it yet. probably should discuss w/ my husband first. see what his thoughts are. or maybe not and just get it anyway. haha
:winkwink:

good luck to you!

What kind of OPKs did you buy, were they Wondfo?? That's what I have, and I'm worried I'm missing my surge.

They are wondfo. This is what I bought.

My total with shipping was $15.02

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001FYLNVU?ie=UTF8&redirect=true

I have a longish cycle (32-39 days). I started taking them on CD16. I would take them around 12-1pm (after trying to hold my pee for at least 3 hours) and then again after work at like 6 pm... A couple of times I took them a third time before bed, maybe 10-11pm.

I got positives CD20, CD21, CD22.

My last cycle was 37 days so I'm guessing this one will be too. I've been testing (at least) twice a day - in the afternoon and evening. Based on my last cycle I should ovulate on Monday...I was hoping it would be sooner but I guess not. Good to know that kind worked for you, I guess I won't count them out yet! ;)

Great! Keep me posted! I had a 36 day cycle last month. 35-37 seems to be my most normal. Blaugh... seems forever sometimes!

Are you temping too? It's great to see the temp's go up after the opk is positive. It's like hey look at that.... my body is doing its thing.

Great! Keep me posted! I had a 36 day cycle last month. 35-37 seems to be my most normal. Blaugh... seems forever sometimes!

Are you temping too? It's great to see the temp's go up after the opk is positive. It's like hey look at that.... my body is doing its thing.

Yes 37 days is seeming very long!! But my first cycle after stopping the pill in Oct was 60 days, so at least it's not that long!!

No, I'm not temping. This is only my 2nd month TTC so really still learning a lot, may "graduate" to temping :haha: in a few months.

ok been looking to buy raspberry leaf tea but all packets said don't drink until 36 weeks of pregnancy as before can cause contractions and u lose baby? people drink for labour as it reduces 2nd phase of labour??

confused....

I agree MrsG2010. I have started temping as my cycles are between 31-39 days and didn't have a clue when I OV. I have also started with the OPK's, bit worried though as I had a pos on cd 29 and CD30, but i'm thininkg FF will say I have OV on cd31, which might leave me with a short LP, unless my cycle goes even longer to like 40+ days. I did have one cycle last July that was 43 days but like I say I'm normally about 35 average.

good luck hazel nut. Here's some info I read on short LP:

There are at least two different over-the-counter remedies for a short luteal phase. The first of these is vitamin B6. This vitamin is considered safe for most women, and is taken in doses from 50 to 200 mg a day. The second over-the-counter remedy for a short luteal phase is progesterone creme. This cream is thought to lengthen the luteal phase. In terms of prescription medications, Clomid is often used, as are progesterone suppositories.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->