What can I expect at my first obstetrician appointment?

Corina

Reaction score
I'm currently 10 weeks tomorrow and today have received a referral letter from the hospital to see an obstetrician due to my first baby being born premature at 32 weeks with early rupture of my waters. Has anyone had a previous premature baby and now having their 2nd baby and referred to an obstetrician? I'm just a bit nervous about what to expect, I've not had a scan date as yet so wasn't sure if they will scan me at this appointment. All your help and advice is appreciated. I'll be almost 13 wks when my appt is due which is Friday 13th.

No but I was consultant led all the way through the pregnancy (fat lot of use it did lol) - it basically meant I saw someone after my 12 week scan, saw someone after my 20 week scan (thus quadrupling the nice and annoying wait on the evil hospital chairs of bum-ache) and I think I'd seen them again at 28 weeks... and they were really disinterested - it was of the level of "ok, any problems? No, fine, see you on X"

Think I was meant to see her again at 34 weeks... never did get to keep that appointment - she arrived two days before it.

I had midwives and consultants, really, it was just extra testing , cervix checks and one the first appointment, they dug out my old files on DD1 to try and pin point where it went wrong and what they could do to prevent it.

In my case though, we have no idea why.

We did go to term that time though x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"