What can I put in sandwiches?

S

Serene123

She has a Dairylea sandwich for lunch EVERY day. I tried ham but she took it out and ate the bread. :rofl: Not sure what they can have. Any ideas girls?

Umm what about paste?? Paige loves it! x

Was just going to say paste.

They do tons of flavours too so she can try all sorts

I loved mashed banana on snadwiches when I was little.

Nutella,Jam,Marmalade,Very thin amount of Marmite.Sliced Chicken.Grated mild cheese.

I had this problem with all my kids.I made a different flavour every day and saw the reactions and just marked off to which their fave was.We also did a tasting party.Got a few friends round made some sarnies in finger slices and blindfolded them to see what they liked the best.Obviously Caitlyn is to small for blindfolding but a good tip for older kids who are fussy!

interesting thread. All we've tried with Hannah so far is grilled cheese :lol:

can they have honey now theyre a bit bigger? You could try that

i knew they'd changed it since i was a kid, i used to have it all the time

:sick: Hate honey, which means Hannah will probably like it. Strange one I've got here :rofl:

Grated cheese, cottage cheese, egg mayonaise, tuna mayonaise, mashed banana, mashed avocado, peanut butter, jam, marmite, lemon curd, mashed sardines, shredded chicken, salad, grated carrot.

Philadelphia cream cheese and peanut butter would be Mark's faves.

Does anyone know about pate? There's liver in it but it's cooked, would it be ok for baby to taste or is it one to keep for later?

Does anyone know about pate? There's liver in it but it's cooked, would it be ok for baby to taste or is it one to keep for later?

I was wondering about pate too. I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't be okay, but couldn't find a definate answer anywhere. :shrug:

my youngest used to love a tiny bit of marmite on top of the cheese spread to make it a little more interesting ;]

I was wondering about pate too. I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't be okay, but couldn't find a definate answer anywhere. :shrug:

I keep thinking of liver and other high-dose vitamin A foods being discouraged during pregnancy....

honey is over a year I think :)

yep, you are right-foods with honey are not supposed to be given under a year, because apparently it rises the risk of allergies!

Didn't know it was because of allergies too, but they're not meant to have it before they're a year because it can cause infant botulism which can be fatal.

Sam always has dairylea too - he loves it :rofl: ...he's had chicken and tuna mayonnaise paste stuff too - the ones they do in Asda are quite low in salt - anything too chunky and he'll take it out and just eat the bread too. The little pots of fruit puree you can buy are quite good as jam-like stuff, and he's fine with anything that actually sticks to the bread like tinned tuna/salmon with mayonnaise, grated cheese with a bit of pickle x

I keep thinking of liver and other high-dose vitamin A foods being discouraged during pregnancy....

I think it's only because too much vitamin A can cause birth defects, especially if you have high doses early on. Retinoic acid (vitamin A) is involved in important biological signalling processes in the first weeks of pregnancy, and too little or too much of it can cause developmental problems. The right levels are still essential for normal development though, and I don't think there are any reasons why babies shouldn't have it after birth x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->