What choices will I have for the birth?

Angel2Fire

Reaction score
I've not seen a midwife yet but I know a lot of people who have had really bad experiences at the local hospital when giving birth. Apart from a home birth, what options will I have?

i have a midwife led unit by me, you cant have epidural because theres no docs about. but i suppose its better equiped than home with ambulances on tap and plenty of midwifes to look after you and LO

not sure if they have these in all areas tho sorry

I've not seen a midwife yet but I know a lot of people who have had really bad experiences at the local hospital when giving birth. Apart from a home birth, what options will I have?

It depends where you live. You don't have to use the nearest hospital. You can usually choose whichever one you want. So if there is another maternity unit within, say 20 miles, you'd be able to go there. That's what I'm doing. According to recent ratings my nearest maternity unit is the worst in the region, but 17 miles away is the best in the region, so I'm going there!

Your best source of info will be your midwife and if you haven't had your booking in appointment yet you will be able to go over the options then. There's plenty of time, so do your research and be clear with your midwife as to what you want.

It will all depend on where you live really. Best person to ask really is your midwife x

I used local hospital iam sure it was midwife led , But i still got them to ring anethetist for my drugs , Owwwwww it hurts lol .

On a serious note , You have lots of choices hun ... Where you give birth . Who you want with you , What sort of pain relief you are considering , If you would like a water birth , How much interception you would like from Drs midwifes etc ! .
When you get your notes hun , There is a part in the back normally for your birth plan , If not write your own birth plan and staple in your book :) . xxx .

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->