What Christmas events / plans do you have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're off to Poland, and going to do a day trip to Zakopane, which to me is the next best thing to Lapland!

And of course I'll probably end up going to the Christmas markets in Manchester quite a few times, as always.

Attachments

• 35c4ec58_large.jpg
    35c4ec58_large.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 2
We have both booked a day off in December to take DS1 out for a Christmas Day trip. We were thinking winter wonderland in Hyde park.

Booked for polar express!
Will plan other things but thats all we have up to now!

Thinking of booking a panto (probs not a big theatre one our local art centre usually does ones for kids pretty cheap)

Arggggggg so jealous!!! This all sounds amazing!!! We're going to Disneyland the 15th-19th, and I'm so excited, but all the good Scottish things seem to be on that week and we'll miss them all! :brat:
London seems to have so much on at Christmas, I think we need a trip there next year!! :thumbup:

Anyone know of anything good on in Scotland, any events, shows etc not in the week we're away? :shrug:

So far the only thing we've planned is the Christmas singalong concert at the Philharmonic. We went last year and it's fantastic, they have the orchestra playing all the songs and Santa is on stage singing along and dancing. My Mum and I will also be going there for "Carols by Candlelight" which I can't wait for.

We'll obviously be going to the grotto (Lucas was really not into Father Christmas last year so our grotto trip was a bit rubbish, but he can't wait this year). We always arrange a family day to the Christmas Markets in Liverpool with my Mum/sisters, and a day at the garden centre as their decorations are amazing. If I can find somewhere locally doing breakfast with Santa we'll do that too, we went a couple of years ago and it was just awesome. Oh and the Coca Cola truck, of course!
Basically any event that's Christmas themed and local to us, we'll be going :haha:

Not really got anything planned:cry: we will take DS to see Santa at the local shopping centre again this year. I love going to all the garden centres to see their displays:thumbup:
Oh was talking about spending the night in Edinburgh and taking me to the christmas market that we went to last year.......but don't know if that will happen. Might see if my aunties flat is free to use. Don't really fancy spending money on a hotel. Apparently Brechin do a polar express type thing so might see how much that costs.
Oh and my mum will take DS to her works kids christmas party. She works at the fire station and Santa arrives by fire engine and is raised on the crane to the window of the party :thumbup: DS will love it he loves fire engines

Going to this
https://www.santascottage.co.uk/
Sunday before Xmas so will be so wintry and Emily will be at play school this year so should be excited!

Have u been here before. It's quite expensive but looks fab

We are going to see Father Christmas at The Rainforest Cafe in London, we will have lunch there and then afterwards we are going to see The Snowman in theatre. May have a visit to Hamleys afterwards too :)

For my DS birthday we are going to Thomas Land but we won't be seeing Father Christmas this year (we did last year and it was fab)

For my DD birthday we are going to Disney on Ice a couple of days after Christmas

Me and DH are hoping to do something together too but not sure what yet :)

Going to this
https://www.santascottage.co.uk/
Sunday before Xmas so will be so wintry and Emily will be at play school this year so should be excited!

Have u been here before. It's quite expensive but looks fab

Nope but a few friends recommend it and my mil said it's the best there is for "real" magic. Are you in n.i?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"