What could I be doing wrong

sahara

Me, my OH and DD Nicola
Reaction score
I have now had 2 major poo leaks - one from my BG flip and from Fuzzi Bunz

:cry::cry:

Am I not doing the nappy tight enough or can they just leak like sposies

I really want to get on with my nappies, but I can''t cope with leaks all the time boo hoo

What inserts have you had in at the time? Also how long had the nappy been on?

I guess they had been on quite a while cos Leo fell asleep :dohh:

Would that cause poo to leak? It leaked poo all over my fave blanket :cry:

The inserts were the standard ones with each nappy (flip was the stay dry insert)

thx

(maybe I need to play around with the fit on the fuzzi bunz)

I don't know about the fuzzi bunz as don't use them but I know if the nappy has been on a while and they widdled in it already (chances are he had if he was asleep) then the poo juice (Sorry lol) doesn't get soaked up and its this runny part that tends to escape.

I have had escaping poos before now and it is usually when the nappy feels full

Its always sods law it leaks on something nice though!

Unfortunately if the nappy is saturated already when the poop arrives there little left for the nappy to do.

You be aiming to get a good 3 hours out of a nappy. if your using them overnight you might want something a little more substantial than microfibre. I use the flip organic inserts overnight and they work a treat.

Aaah I guess a bit like sposie really - they leaked when too full

thx :flower:

I think he had been in them 2 hrs or so - maybe a bit longer.

So 3 hrs you are on your limit for reusables

xxx

Yeh it isn't easy to gauge, sometimes they are full after 2 hours, sometimes they go longer - all depends what they have drunk etc

I find Izzys fills up more after lunch, maybe cos she sleeps longer and drinks more at lunch time

i find it hard to tell with them unlike sposies when they are full :shrug::dohh:

It can be harder cos there isn't the obvious bulge, I tend to poke my finger down the front, if I can feel it damp where my finger can reach then its time to change - although I nearly always do it every 2 hours regardless .
I very rarely go to change her after 2 hours and find it dry

You might want to double check your fit on the Flip though, as I use the Flip wrap overnight & think they are fab (I've never had a leak with a Flip - yet).
When you next put it on, make sure that there isn't a leg gape xxxx

thanks ladies :thumbup:

i must admit i am not sure whether i am getting the flips right. I have them on the med setting cos it seem too tight on the smallest maybe they need to be on the smallest. Would that correct leg gape

thx :flower:

I find the Flip wraps run big compared to other BG nappies (AIO and V3 anyway) - I have Adam (20lb) in the medium on Flips but full out with the others. I don't get a neat, secure fit round the Flip legs if it's out full even though the rise is a lot lower than usual. I'd try the smallest setting and see.

I tried on the smaller setting and it looks a bit tight up top - but around the legs its def better.

Maybe he is a bit inbetween sizes

thanks for your advice ladies

sarah

if he's in between sizes i used to put my fingers in the legs holes of each side of the nappy (at the same time) and jiggle the nappy towards you as sometimes the wrap gets a little caught up underneath your LO.

Q is still on the middle rise at nearly 20lbs, he didn't move up till he was 18lbs.

You can't really do the flip wraps up too tight, the legs are really gentle compared to other wraps i've used and across the belly; both the back of the wrap is stretchy and the poppered tabs also stretch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->